jaehyun - recording room

word count : 438

-

"hello?" you heard the door open and glanced over your shoulder to see jaehyun walk into the studio. "did you record the song?" he asked, closing the door behind him.

"no, i made a new beat. my throat is bothering me a little," you replied, picking up your water bottle and taking a sip of water. "are you done for today?" you asked jaehyun.

"yea," he answered, standing next to you.

then, an imaginary lightbulb turned on above your head.

"wanna sing this song for me?" you immediately asked.

jaehyun stared at you while you pleaded with your puppy eyes. the awkward silence between you two continued until he finally gave in with a sigh.

"you owe me," he said, taking his hoodie off, "but i guess i can't complain since i'm part of the reason why you barely have a voice."

"jaehyun!"

"what? it's not like anyone is in here, and you weren't exactly complaining last night," he replied. he drank some water before heading into the recording booth. "can you send me the lyrics?"

"yea." you grabbed your phone and sent the completed lyrics to jaehyun. "i have a small bit of me singing from the other day if you wanna hear that first."

"sure," jaehyun replied. you played the bit you recorded so jaehyun would know at least the chorus. once it ended, you played the instrumental so he could try singing a bit.

"what you just did, that was good," you said to him, pausing the music.

"i like the song," he mentioned, putting down his phone. "who did you write it for? taeyeon sunbaenim?" he asked.

"um...you..."

jaehyun stared at you with his water bottle almost at his lips. he put the water bottle back on a small table.

"baby, you wrote this for me?" he asked, taking the headphones off.

you nodded, "yea," you sheepishly replied and hid yourself in your hands. "oh my god, i'm so embarrassed. i wrote you a song, and i'm having you sing it."

you heard jaehyun leave the recording booth and walked over to you. he hugged you.

"that's so sweet of you, baby. this song is so good already!" he said, kissing the top of your forehead. "hey, look at me," he instructed and you did so. "i love you," he said before kissing you.

"i love you, too," you replied before throwing your arms around him.

"how about we go home for the night and come back when you can sing? we can make this a duet," he suggested.

"okay," you replied, "but can we hug for a bit longer?"

"of course, baby."