taeyong - "love me now"

word count : 625

-

rain continued dropping to the ground as the day went by. music played from your speaker, which was connected to your phone via bluetooth.

a familiar song started playing as you started making a cup of coffee. the smell of coffee filled your apartment, but the music that was playing made you sigh. you finished making your coffee to how you liked it before returning to your desk.

"please come love me once again. oh girl i know—"

you cut the music off, leaving the room silent minus the rain that was pouring outside.

the pages scattered along your desk practically meant nothing anymore. printed words that are just ink on a page, notes written with a ballpoint pen, smudges from said pen on the pages.

your phone suddenly went off and you looked, seeing a message from your publisher, who was desperately wanting the next chapters of your book.

then, you saw another message appear on your screen and clicked on it.

-

12:04

taeyong

[ taeyong ]
can we talk?

-

you turned your phone off and set it aside, almost throwing it to get it away from you.

you grabbed your mug of coffee and took another sip despite you breaking down in tears.

your phone started ringing and then you heard the sound that indicated that you were getting more text messages. you placed your mug down on your desk while ignoring the noises from your phone.

you decided to just write a bit, hoping something would inspire you for your next chapter.

as you typed on your laptop, the rain started getting heavier. darker clouds covered the sky, making your apartment look even darker.

while taking a moment to stare outside, you heard someone knock on your door. you got up from your desk and went to the door. you looked through the peephole and immediately sighed.

"what do you want?" you asked.

"y/n, let's talk, please," taeyong insisted.

you sighed, knowing that he wasn't going to leave anytime soon. you unlocked the door and opened it, noticing that taeyong was soaking wet.

"why didn't you wear a coat or have an umbrella?" you immediately asked, genuine concern coming from your voice.

"have you been crying?" he asked, ignoring your question.

"some of your clothes are still here. you should change into something dry," you suggested and stepped out of the way so taeyong could walk in.

"are you just going to ignore my questions?" he asked.

"it seems like we're both doing that," you answered him. "i'll make you coffee, go change," you said to him before walking into the kitchen.

taeyong went into the bedroom to go change. you made him a cup of coffee and refilled your mug.

you sat down on the couch and waited for taeyong to come back out. you drank some more coffee, and he came out after a few minutes.

"thanks," he said as he sat down on the couch with the coffee mug in hand.

"why are you here?" you asked, "i thought...i thought we were done."

"it wasn't my fault—"

"wasn't your fault that she was hugging you like that and wasn't your fault that she kissed you? the company doesn't even want—" you unintentionally interrupted him before stopping yourself, "i'm sorry."

"it's fine," he responded and took another sip of coffee before putting the mug on the table in front of both of you. "y/n, baby, i love you so much. i would never do anything to hurt you," he said.

you started to feel tears form again and taeyong started wiping them away as they fell.

"hey, we're gonna get through this, okay?" he quietly spoke.

"okay," you quietly replied. "love you."

taeyong kissed your forehead, "love you."