johnny - shopping

word count : 535

-

"it's too cold!" you whined.

"you were the one who wanted to buy stuff for christmas," johnny said as you two walked along the streets. sheets of white snow covered just about every visible surface.

"i lied."

johnny chuckled at your reply and took his hand out of his pocket in order to hold onto your hand. "does this help?" he asked you.

"not really but the thought counts," you said to him and got closer to him.

both of you laughed and continued going around, looking for christmas decorations for your apartment.

"that's cute," you said, pointing at some decorations in a store's display.

"do you wanna get it?" johnny asked, looking down at you.

"do we really need decorations? we'll have to pack everything up in like two weeks. it just seems like a waste," you said to him.

"please make a decision if you want decorations or not. it's literally your own apartment," he replied. "how about we get some hot chocolate and keep walking around?" he suggested.

you instantly nodded, "okay."

both of you headed into a nearby coffee shop and ordered two hot chocolates. once the drinks were made, you and johnny sat at a table.

"so, what do you want for christmas?" you asked him and held the paper cup in your cold hands.

"what do i want? i should be asking you that," he replied. johnny thought for a second before speaking again, "your undying love and affection," he answered, making both of you laugh again.

"you get that from me everyday, babe," you replied and drank some of your hot chocolate. afterwards, doing a little happy dance since the hot chocolate was delicious.

johnny smiled as he watched you, "you look very happy with that hot chocolate," he commented.

"cause i am happy," you replied and drank some more.

johnny pouted, "i'm supposed to make you happy, not some drink." he picked up his drink and stood up, "come on, let's go."

"we just got here," you commented and stood up, pushing your chair back underneath the table.

"you can walk and drink at the same time. besides, we need to meet with the guys and find a christmas tree for the dorm," johnny said to you and you two started walking out of the store. you two continued walking and found yourself inside another store.

you grabbed a headband that had christmas trees on it and went back to johnny, who was looking at wall decorations. you reached up and put the headband on top of his head and he turned around to look at you.

"what'd you put on my head?" he asked before walking to a nearby mirror.

"it's a nice look," you said to him with a smile, "fits the vibe."

he chuckled but noticed something in the display next to him. he grabbed another headband and placed it on top of your head. "this fits the vibe too," he said and you looked in the mirror to see yourself wearing a headband with snowmen on it.

"i think this is enough christmas decorations for us," you said. "shall we buy them and head out, mister tree?" you asked.

"okay, miss snow woman."