lucas - "come back"

word count : 574

-

"this is the worst," hendery groaned in agony as he came up to the counter.

"uh huh? and how many phone numbers have you gotten since you started your shift tonight?" you asked him as you put two drinks in front of him.

"two," he answered but you raised an eyebrow since you were skeptical. he rolled his eyes, "okay, i got six of them, but still! it's way too busy and cramped right now," he complained before picking up the two glasses and walking away to serve the drinks you had just finished making.

you continued making drinks for customers as the night went on. as you were cleaning the bar top after a group of people left, someone sat down by himself.

"hey," lucas spoke, smiling at you.

"hi," you reached over and kissed him, "how was your day?" you asked him.

"good. had a few walk-ins, but i finished that dragon piece on ten," he answered, mentioning his work today.

"ten? he got another tattoo?" you raised an eyebrow, leaving lucas chuckling. "want a drink?" you asked him.

he nodded, "just a beer will be fine with me." you nodded before turning back to get a glass. you poured beer from one of the taps before handing it to lucas.

"y/n, we need more ice!" jungwoo yelled as he finished making a drink.

"okay, i'll go get it," you said to him.

you started walking away from lucas when you heard him speak, "hey, come back to me, baby. don't leave me alone!"

you rolled your eyes and shook your head as you walked into the back to get more ice from the ice machine. you filled two buckets with ice before walking back behind the bar.

as you passed by lucas, you saw some girls flirting with him. you walked up to jungwoo and out the buckets next to him.

"thanks," he said to you and took one bucket from you. both of you filled the freezer with ice, "shouldn't you go get your man?" he asked. you looked over to see lucas again.

"he can handle himself," you said and looked back at jungwoo.

people kept coming and going and orders kept being made so you made all of the drinks that were ordered.

"can i get a martini?" a girl asked. she was right next to lucas. "and can he get another beer? i'll pay for it."

"i'm good, no need," lucas declined, pushing his now empty beer glass away from himself.

you made the martini while looking at lucas. he mouthed "sorry" to you.

you put the martini in front of the woman. she took the glass and immediately drank about half of it.

"are you sure you don't want another beer?" the woman asked lucas.

"nope, he's good," you spoke up, declining for him.

then, you reached over and grabbed lucas's shirt. you pulled him closer to you and kissed him on the lips.

"ready to go home, babe?" you asked him.

lucas smiled, "you bet."

the scene left the woman in shock and in an awkward position. she walked away, drinking the rest of her martini.

"you really had to be dramatic, huh?" lucas laughed.

"have to be when it comes to you," you replied and kissed him again, letting go of his shirt.

"and that's why i love you. come on, let's go home, baby," he said to you and you nodded.