renjun - scene

word count : 504

-

you two were back-to-back. the empty auditorium felt so cold as you two sat there. "i'm sorry," he finally spoke, his voice full of regret.

"that's all you have to say to me?" you asked. "we should just break up at this point," you said and stood up from the floor, stopping yourself from looking back at him.

"wait!" he stood up and turned around while grabbing your arm. "we can make this work! come on, after everything we've been through. the two of us can do it. we can."

you faced him, tears finally running down your face, "we've already tried to make it work! and guess what, every attempt we made failed," you said to him. "don't you get it? we weren't meant to be."

he closed his mouth and looked down. "i'm sorry," he quietly said to you, as if those would be the last words you would ever hear from him.

"i'm sorry too," you said to him. you gently took his hand off of your arm. "goodbye." you turned and started walking off of the stage. you continued walking until you reached the mark that was a piece of tape on the ground.

"and cut! perfect! let's do that again, but with the angle change," the director announced. crew members start moving a few things around, mainly the production crew that had to change some of the lights and other equipment that was sitting on the stage.

a makeup artist started wiping the tears away so she could fix your makeup.

"i can't believe you made yourself cry so easily. we could've just faked the tears," the makeup artist said to you.

"it's really easy for me to do," you admitted, "i just think about sad puppies and it makes me cry easily."

"let's walk back onto the set. the lighting's a lot better over there," the makeup artist said to you and you nodded. you two walked back onto the stage, where renjun and another makeup artist were.

"y/n, good job," renjun said to you and both of you fist bumped.

"you, too," you smiled at him and both of you got your touch-ups done. "i'm glad we got to do this show together. you're an amazing actor," you complimented him.

"you're amazing, too," renjun said. "hey, maybe we could get a bite to eat together? maybe after the shoot if you have nothing to do?" he suggested.

"sure, sounds like a plan," you agreed with a smile. "filming ends really late today, so maybe an early breakfast? there's that diner near by the set," you suggested to him.

"i like the sound of that," he smiled back at you.

"okay, everyone! let's continue!" the director suddenly announced.

you and renjun sat down, facing back-to-back again. the makeup artists fixed your hair and made sure you and renjun looked the same as before.

and with sad puppies on your mind again, you heard the director shout for the filming to begin again.