hendery - babysitting

word count : 700

-

"ooh, that's a very nice flower, mina," you complimented mina, your neighbors's daughter, who was drawing on the concrete with chalk. you were babysitting her while her parents were at work.

"i'm going to make a whole garden!" she exclaimed and grabbed another piece of chalk from the plastic bucket between the two of you.

"can i help you out with that?" you asked her. she nodded with a smile. "okay, but before that, drink some water. you don't want to get dehydrated while we're out here," you said to her and handed her the bottle of water that she was already drinking from.

"thank you, y/n unnie," she said and drank some water. she put the bottle down next to her and started drawing. "do you like flowers?"

"i love flowers," you answered. "when we go inside, i'll show you one of my plants that has flowers blooming on it. it's super pretty," you said to her.

"okay!" she replied.

both of you continued drawing on the sidewalk in front of your houses for a bit. you made sure that she wasn't going into the road and that she was drinking water.

"hey! y/n!" you looked up and saw your boyfriend, hendery, riding his skateboard along the street. he reached you and stopped right by you. "hi mina," he greeted.

"hi!" mina exclaimed while drawing.

"did you just wake up?" you asked him, knowing that he usually slept in on days when he was up late the night before.

"huh? yea, me and the guys didn't get back until like two," he answered and picked up his board. he sat down next to you. "no hopscotch?" he asked.

"mina and i wanted to draw today," you replied. "mina, i'm going inside to get more water. do you want a snack?" you asked her.

she looked up at you, "can i have ice cream?" she asked.

"strawberry ice cream, coming up!" you smiled at her and stood up with your water bottle in hand. "you want some?" you asked hendery.

"yea sure."

you walked back into your house and went to the kitchen. you poured water into your bottle before opening the freezer. you took out the pint of strawberry ice cream you had and scooped it into bowls for hendery and mina. then, you headed back outside. as you walked back outside, you saw hendery sitting next to mina.

"should i draw a flower here?" hendery spoke while drawing on the ground with mina.

"yes!" mina exclaimed and looked up. "ice cream!"

you walked over and sat down with them. you gave them their bowls, and mina started eating.

"don't eat too fast, you'll get a brain freeze," you said to her.

"i won't!"

"my head..." hendery suddenly groaned.

you looked at him and shook your head. "don't be like him," you said to mina. she nodded and started to draw again.

"okay, all good," hendery said and continued eating his ice cream. "want some?" he asked you.

you shook your head.

"unnie! does this flower look pretty?" mina spoke and pulled on your arm so you would look at the flower she drew.

"it looks great, mina!" you said to her. "can you draw another one for me?"

then, just as mina was about to start drawing again, a car pulled up into her driveway. "mommy's home!" she exclaimed and jumped up to her feet.

you watched mina run up to her mom, who got out of the car.

"thank you, y/n!" mina's mom said to you.

you waved, "no problem!" you said and watched them go into their house.

you looked at hendery, "wanna go inside?"

"can i get more ice cream?" hendery asked you.

you giggled, "yes."

"then yes," he said and stood up. you held out your hand to hendery, and he helped you up from the ground. "maybe i should teach her how to skateboard next time," hendery said as you two cleaned up.

you raised an eyebrow as he picked up his skateboard.

"what?"

"you're so weird," you said to him, putting the lid on the bucket that held the chalk.

"same goes to you, weirdo," he replied to you.