shotaro - lunch

word count : 472

-

"and by taking the integral, you'll have to add—" the bell rang, interrupting your teacher, who just sighed heavily. he looked at you and your classmates before gesturing all of you to leave for lunch.

a few of your classmates stayed behind as did you. you grabbed your homemade lunch from your backpack and opened your lunchbox, taking out the various containers that you had packed this morning.

a few other people walked in, talking to their friends. as you waited to open the containers, a familiar person dramatically opened a window and climbed through it. you started laughing at shotaro, who closed the window and walked over to you.

"what was that for?" you asked him as he pulled up a chair to sit at your desk.

he shrugged his shoulders, "i dunno." he replied. "you made lunch today?" he asked and you nodded, starting to open the containers.

"yep, made it this morning," you replied and handed him an extra set of chopsticks. "how was class?" you asked him.

"boring," shotaro replied. "i wish we were in the same class."

"but you wouldn't focus if we were in the same class," you said to him and opened your water bottle.

"who said i was focusing anyways?" he replied and you laughed at him.

"i can't believe you sometimes, taro," you said to him. both of you started eating. "i'll be right back. i have to bring something to a teacher," you said and stood up, bringing a piece of paper with you.

"hurry up, we only get so long to eat," shotaro said to you.

you left the classroom and shotaro continued eating. as he sat there, he looked at one of the notebooks on your desk and picked it up.

hearts were drawn on one side of the page and with shotaro's name written nicely. he smiled and looked through other pages, finding more hearts and his name written down.

you came back from the teacher's lounge and ran up to shotaro when you saw him with your math notebook in his hand.

"hey, don't look at that," you whined at him but shotaro moved so you couldn't grab your notebook, "shotaro..."

"looks like we both aren't focusing in class," shotaro said, looking at the hearts you had drawn.

"excuse me, i am focusing. see the math?" you said and managed to grab your notebook.

"i see more hearts than math," he replied, "you gonna tutor me how to draw hearts?" you rolled your eyes at him and started eating again. "are you free after school today?"

"i have to study, why?" you asked him.

shotaro smiled, "i bought you some desserts yesterday. let's go to my place for a bit, and then go study," he suggested.

you smiled, "you're the sweetest."

"not as sweet as you," he replied.