xiaojun - summer night

word count : 610

-

"hey, y/n!" you turned your head when you heard your name being called. "over here!" you looked around some more before finally seeing xiaojun nearby. he was waving at you with both hands in the air.

"xiaojun!" you managed to get through the crowd and meet up with him. "hi," you smiled at him.

"hey," he smiled. "should we walk around?" he asked.

you nodded. the two of you started walking around the festival hosted by the city.

"how have you been?" you asked him.

"pretty good. i'm just glad i could see you," he replied. "was there traffic on your way here?" he asked you.

"no, but i got off of work late, so that's why i came here late," you said to him. "sorry about that."

"don't worry about it. i wasn't waiting that long anyways," he reassured you. "are you hungry? we can buy some food."

you nodded, "yea, i'm pretty hungry."

"then let's start off with some good stuff," he said and grabbed your hand before leading you off further into the park that you were at.

you and xiaojun bought a few things to eat and found a spot in a grassy area to sit on. you two sat down and ate the food you guys had gotten.

"wow, try this. it's really good," you said to him and held out the paper container in your hand towards him. he grabbed a piece of your food and ate it.

"that's delicious!" he exclaimed. "wow. here, try some of this," he said and held up a piece with a toothpick. you let him feed you and nodded.

"that's really good, too," you said to him and looked around for a drink. "oh, we didn't get anything to drink," you realized.

xiaojun looked around, "we didn't? oh, you're right," he replied and stood up, "i'll get us some water. i'll be right back."

"okay," you replied and he walked away.

you continued eating and finished one of the snacks that you and xiaojun got. people were laughing and having a blast as it started to get darker outside.

after a few minutes, xiaojun came back and sat down next to you.

"i got us ice cream!" he exclaimed and handed you a cup with vanilla ice cream in it. he had a cup with a different flavor.

"where's our drinks?" you asked him.

he puckered his lips for a second. "oh..." both of you started laughing. "i'll grab some when i finish this," he said and started eating his ice cream.

"how'd you know that i liked vanilla?" you asked him.

"oh, i have no clue what you like, but they didn't have that many flavors so i just guessed," he said before signing, "it's so hot today."

"just like you."

you froze before looking at xiaojun, who had his spoon in his mouth. he looked at you and you just swallowed hard.

"is this a confession or something?" he questioned.

you just looked away and continued eating your ice cream.

"hey! don't just say that and not reply to me," xiaojun said to you. "i-i think you look cute," he suddenly stuttered and started eating his ice cream again.

the two of you were silent but suddenly, fireworks started popping into the sky, capturing everyone's attention. you looked up and stared at the sight above you.

"hey," xiaojun spoke and you turned your head to look at him. "wanna go on another date sometime?"

you smiled at him, "sure."

while finishing your ice cream, xiaojun scooted closer to you and draped his arm over shoulders. the two of you continued watching the fireworks together.