johnny - milkshake

word count : 448

-

the bell at the door rang as you sat in a booth drinking a mocha flavored milkshake.

"okay, what the hell am i doing here at 3am?" you heard a familiar voice speak. you turned your head and looked up to see your friend, johnny. "oh no, did you get dumped again?" he immediately asked.

"no," you sarcastically answered and johnny sat down across from you. "okay, yes, but he wasn't my type anyways."

"then why did you keep going out with him? you make no sense whatsoever," johnny responded and picked up the menu that was on the table. he flipped through the pages before closing the menu. "can i get a strawberry milkshake please?" he spoke and a waiter nodded from the cash register area. "you know, some people are just meant to be alone in their lives."

you sighed and drank some more of your milkshake. "i need a drink," you pouted.

"you're drinking something right now," johnny replied.

"something with alcohol, dumb ass. don't be sarcastic right now," you said to him and he rolled his eyes.

"do you want me to go clubbing with you?" he offered, "maybe i can find a guy who will be your type."

you rested your head on your propped up hand, "no. i might as well be single for the rest of my life. just like you said, "some people are meant to be alone in their lives". maybe i'll just turn into a crazy cat lady or something within the next few years."

"y/n, you hate cats."

"does it look like i care anymore?" you replied and drank the rest of your milkshake.

johnny shook his head and sighed. the waiter brought his milkshake and set it on the table. "thank you," he said to the waiter and took a sip. the waiter walked away. "hey, what are you doing tomorrow night?" he asked you.

you shrugged your shoulders, "i'll probably watch a stream or something. maybe i'll come here again and get another milkshake," you answered, "why?"

"me and you are going out," he said and ate the cherry on his milkshake.

"no, we're not."

"yes, we are."

"john, i will fight you."

"y/n, i will drag you out of your house around six o'clock, so be ready to go out," he said to you and sat back with the milkshake in one hand. "you need to stop coming here in the middle of the night. it's getting tedious to get phone calls from you now."

"who else is gonna listen to my problems? i need someone there for me," you said to him. "thank you."

he scoffed with a smile, "you're welcome."