shotaro - midnight snack

word count : 452

-

you picked your phone up and saw that it was a few minutes before midnight. you looked over and saw shotaro fast asleep on the bed, hugging your pillow since you hadn't gone to bed yet.

you quietly stood up from your desk, closing your laptop at the same time. you walked out of the room and went into the kitchen. once you were in the kitchen, you opened the fridge and found a container with food in it. you grabbed the container and let the fridge close by itself while taking the lid off of the container.

you opened the microwave and placed the container inside. then, you carefully closed the door to the microwave and started heating up your food.

you poured yourself a cup of water and sat down at the kitchen table. then, you started going through the mail that was left on the table when shotaro came home. it was just some ads and unimportant papers, so you threw them into the trash can.

the microwave suddenly went off, blaring it's annoying beeping sound. you quickly opened the door and the beeping stopped. you took the container of food out and closed the microwave door.

you grabbed a fork from a drawer and sat down at the kitchen table again. as you started eating, you heard a door open and saw shotaro walk out of the room while rubbing his eyes.

"did i wake you up?" you asked him.

"no, the microwave did," he replied and heavily yawned. "why are you still awake?" he asked and sat down across from you.

"i was studying for my exam, and i finished two assignments," you mentioned and ate some of your food. "go back to bed. i'll be there once i eat and brush my teeth."

"i just want to look at your pretty face," he smiled at you, making you smile.

"what are you doing tomorrow? practice?" you asked him.

"gonna hit the gym first, but yea. wanna come with me?" he asked.

you nodded, "yea. it's been a bit since i've been. can we grab lunch or something at that new restaurant down the block from the dorm?" you asked him.

"i think it's not opening until next week," shotaro replied. "how about street food?" he suggested.

"okay. that works," you said. you finished eating and quickly cleaned everything. shotaro had gotten back into bed by the time you entered your room. you brushed your teeth and did your skincare. then, you left the bathroom and scurried into your bed. you tightly hugged shotaro, who was laughing. "what's so funny?" you asked him.

"you're just so cute," he asked. "love you."

you kissed him, "love you, too."