taeil - klutz

word count : 398

-

"no, yea. uh huh? okay, i'll see you later then," you said to your friend before ending the phone call with them. music started playing in your headphones again. you changed the song before leaving the coffee shop you were in with a cup of coffee in your hand.

you started walking back to your apartment building.

you drank some coffee as you walked. while looking around the area you were in, you made eye contact with a guy while drinking more coffee. then, you watched as he suddenly walked into a stop sign, dropping a bag of chips in the process.

you took your headphones out and quickly shoved them in your pocket, "are you okay?" you asked the guy as you walked up to him.

the guy just stared at you some more.

"um...excuse me?" you spoke and he stopped day dreaming.

"oh, i'm sorry," he quickly apologized. he stood up while picking up the now empty bag of chips and threw the bag into a nearby trash can.

"are you okay? you hit the sign kind of hard," you asked in concern.

"i think i walked into the sign because i was distracted by how beautiful you are," he admitted with a slightly embarrassed laugh.

"excuse me?" you immediately questioned.

the guy became flustered and ran his hand through his hair, "you're...you're really pretty!" he complimented you.

"oh, thank you," you awkwardly laughed, "but i don't think i'm that pretty to have made you walk into the stop sign."

"you really took my attention away, so i don't know what else to say," the guy said to you.

"well, thank you for saying that, but are you sure you're okay? you really did hit the sign pretty hard," you asked in concern again.

"huh? oh, i'm great," he replied and knocked his head. "there's still a brain in there," he added and laughed.

you giggled, "i would sure hope so," you replied to him. "where are you headed?"

"going home," he answered. "you?" he asked.

"me too," you replied. "maybe i'll bump into you again," you said to him.

"as long as i don't hit another stop sign," he said, making both of you laugh. "what's your name?"

"y/n."

"i'm taeil," he smiled at you. "so...can i have your number?" he asked.

"well, since you asked, sure," you replied to him.