sungchan - "misfit"

word count : 518

-

"break it down like—"

you covered your ears as you read a chapter of a book that you needed to read for an assignment. you glanced up, noticing some of the guys in your class and school playing around during your lunch break. however, your book started moving and you had to remove your hands and hold it open.

then, you turned to the next page in your book and used a pen to underline something you needed to know.

"hey y/n!" someone shouted and you glanced up, noticing the group of guys staring right at you, "got any food on you?" yangyang asked you.

"not enough for you," you replied before grabbing your headphones from your backpack. you put them on and played music from a playlist that you listened to when you would study.

you grabbed a chip from the bag that sitting at your desk and ate it. you continued reading before feeling someone tap on your shoulder. you looked over and didn't see anyone, so you looked over your other shoulder and saw jeno laughing before heading back to his friends.

you rolled your eyes and continued reading for a few minutes before finishing the chapter.

"hey y/n?" you heard sungchan's voice.

"leave me alone. i don't care if you didn't do your homework, that isn't my problem," you said before looking up in annoyance.

sungchan sat on the chair in front of you. he rested an arm on your desk and propped his elbow on your desk to rest his head on his hand.

"sorry, they're being annoying," he apologized to you.

"it doesn't matter what they say. i'm used to you guys being annoying. just please choose a different classroom next time," you replied and took a bite of your sandwich. "what do you want?" you asked, since he usually didn't talk to you.

"oh, nothing. just wanted to say hi," he said to you, peeking at the work on your desk. "am i not allowed to say hi to my girlfriend?" he whispered.

"shut up," you immediately said to him.

"what?" he asked.

"not here," you said to him. he pouted. "i don't want them to know, cause they'll bother me even more," you said, referring to his friends that already bother you a lot.

"they won't bite," sungchan replied. "hey, can you tutor me late today? i need help in history."

"yea, sure," you said and started writing something on a worksheet.

then, in the corner of your eye, you saw hendery walk up and throw his arm over sungchan's shoulder.

"hey y/n, think you could get us the answers to the next exam?" he asked.

"nope," you replied and stood up, "maybe if you'd study, you would've do fine."

"sungchan, come on. let's grab some more food," hendery said to the latter.

"okay," sungchan agreed and got up from the chair.

you watched sungchan and your classmates head out of the classroom. sungchan looked over his shoulder and smiled at you. you waved back, making sure his friends weren't looking before he disappeared from your view.