mark - recording room

word count : 613

-

you knocked on the door and opened it enough to where you could pop your head inside the room. you saw mark sitting at the desk staring at the computer monitor in front of him. he sat up and took his headphones off. "mark," you spoke up and he turned around.

"hey, i didn't know you were coming by," he instantly smiled at you, and you walked inside the room with the door closing by itself. "did you get off early?"

"yea, it was slow all day so there was no point of me being there," you replied and went up to him. he grabbed your hands and kissed you. "i missed you," you said to him.

"i missed you, too. two weeks is such a long time," he said and kissed you again.

"what are you working on?" you asked.

"a new song, but honestly, i've been stuck," he answered and you pulled up a chair to sit next to him. mark grabbed his guitar that was sitting against the desk and started playing it.

"can i hear it?" you asked.

"yea, but it's only like thirty seconds," he said and grabbed the mouse. he clicked a button and music started playing from the speakers. once the thirty seconds were finished, you immediately clapped for mark. "it's not that good. you're too nice," mark sheepishly spoke.

"but i really like it!" you said to him. "you should finish this song."

he smiled at you and hugged you, "i love it when you come here. you make everything better."

you kissed him, "i'm very glad that i could be helpful, but i didn't do anything but praise my amazing boyfriend."

"yea, but your presence alone is enough to make me feel better," he smiled at you.

"how long are you gonna be here for?" you asked.

"maybe another hour? i've been in here way too long, but i want to add onto this song," mark answered and picked up his phone. the screen turned on and he unlocked his phone and started texting someone. "oh, the guys are going out to eat, wanna go?" he asked.

"sure," you smiled.

"okay, we'll leave in a bit," he said and sent another text before putting his phone down on the desk. "you want to help me out with this?" he asked.

"hm? how? i don't know what to do," you said to him.

"come here," he said and motioned for you to sit on his lap. you did so and he wrapped his arm around your waist while clicking on some buttons on the screen. "here, click on that," he pointed at the monitor.

you grabbed the mouse and clicked on a button. "that's all?"

"no, click in this space right here and press that button," he said and you listened to his instructions. a purple bar appeared on the screen. "then drag it to line it up with this one," he instructed. you nodded and moved the bar and lined it up to another bar, "see? you helped me with my song." mark kissed your cheek.

you smiled, "maybe i can produce some songs," you jokingly said.

mark chuckled, "hey, i wouldn't mind. i bet you could come up with great stuff."

"babe, we both know i'm not good at anything music related besides listening to music," you replied to him.

"oh whatever," he responded and kissed you. "come on, we should head out if we want to meet the guys on time," he said.

you nodded, "okie dokie." you stood up and mark saved everything on the computer. once mark was done, he grabbed your hand and both of you left the studio.