doyoung - star gazing

word count : 729

-

"hey, don't fall asleep on me," doyoung said to you and poked your cheek.

you blinked your eyes a few times, "sorry. i'm always tired."

"have you been getting enough sleep?" he asked.

"i haven't been sleeping well all week long," you said to him. "along with the ac not working on our floor, my research project has been kicking my ass," you mentioned.

"i know. you're always cooped up in the micro lab doing work. you should really take a break during the day. take a nap or get something to eat. i don't want you passing out when you have to present your research in december," he said to you and reached over to kiss your head.

you smiled at him, "i will, promise," you said to him.

"do you want me to come by with lunch tomorrow? we don't have lab for anatomy this week," doyoung offered.

"you're too sweet," you said to him. "if you want to, sure. you can just come by the micro lab whenever," you replied and sat up. "there aren't that many stars tonight," you mentioned, still looking at the sky.

"do you want to go inside?" doyoung asked you.

"nah, let's stay out here some more," you said and laid back down so you head was resting on his chest. "do you have any projects this semester?" you asked him.

"i'm not doing research until my advisor comes back from her research thing in japan. i'll probably do it over the sunmer or next semester with her," he mentioned and wrapped his arms around you. "you're cute."

"you're supposed to be looking at the stars, not me," you said to him.

"i already stared at all of the five stars that are visible. besides, you even said that there aren't that many out," he replied. "are you sure you don't want to come over to my dorm and watch a movie or something?" he asked you.

"your roommates will be there, and they're annoying," you replied. "visiting hours are almost over, so we shouldn't go to yours," you mentioned.

"damn rules are so stupid," he sighs. "tomorrow, you should come over, since the hours are different."

"i don't know when i'll get back from that dinner event," you said to him.

"it's fine, babe. just come over," doyoung urged you.

"but doyoung—"

"i don't want to hear that. you're coming over and we're watching a new movie. i'll sneak you in if i have to," he interrupted you.

you rolled your eyes and reached up to kiss him. "okay, i'll text you when i get back," you said to him.

he smiled and kissed you back, "sounds good." he checked the time on his phone, "how about we go ahead and call it a night? you should get as much sleep as you can, tonight," he suggested.

"yea, i probably should."

both of you sat up and put your shoes back on. then, both of you stood up and you grabbed your blanket that you two were laying on. doyoung put his backpack on and picked yours up.

"here," he said and gave you your backpack.

"thanks." you put your backpack on. then, both of you folded the blanket up, and you held it in your arms. "how many classes do you have tomorrow?" you asked him as you two started walking back to your dorm hall since doyoung always walked you to your dorm hall at night.

"just two, but i have a lot of work to do. i want to get it done before the weekend since the guys want to go out saturday," doyoung answered. "don't work too hard, okay? i don't want you to get stressed out or pass out."

"i know, i'll try my best," you said to him. "the same goes for you."

he chuckled, "of course."

you quickly reached your dorm hall since it was fairly close to the spot on the grass that you were laying on.

"love you," doyoung said to you and quickly pecked your forehead.

"love you, too," you said to him. "goodnight," you said as you scanned your school id so the door to your dorm hall would open.

"see ya later, loser."

you pulled your mask down to stick your tongue out at him, making him laugh as he started to walk away from your dorm hall.