jeno - movie date

word count : 520

-

"come on, let's sit back there," jeno said as you two walked towards the back of the movie theater.

"okay," you replied and ate some popcorn from the bucket that you were holding.

"don't eat all the popcorn now. the movie hasn't even started yet," jeno said when he looked back at you and both of you laughed. you two reached the top row of the theater and sat down in the middle of the row. jeno put your drinks into the cup holders while you held the popcorn bucket.

"did you silence your phone?" you asked him.

"yea, did you?" he replied.

"mhm," you nodded.

the lights dimmed down in the theater and the movie began. you took a sip of your drink while staring at the screen.

during the movie, jeno lifted the arm rest in between you two and put his arm over your shoulder. you leaned your head against his shoulder as you held the popcorn bucket. you grabbed some popcorn and ate it.

"this movie is a little boring," you whispered to jeno.

he nodded in agreement, "yea, it is. the trailers for it made it seem like this would be a great movie, but i guess not." jeno looked down at you, "do you want to leave?"

you shook your head, "it's okay. the movie isn't that bad."

he smiled and kissed your forehead, "okay."

both of you resumed watching the movie; however, you started to get tired since it was a pretty late in the night. you silently yawned and didn't even notice when you closed your eyes.

eventually, the move came to an end. "at least the ending was good," jeno said and looked at you. "babe? wake up," he said and booped your nose. "baby, wake up."

you squirmed a little and readjusted your head on jeno's shoulder. "five more minutes..." you muttered.

jeno laughed, "we're not at home, babe. come on, let's go," he said and pulled you up from your seat. "you're really tired, huh?" he asked and grabbed the half filled popcorn bucket and put one drink in the bucket and the other in his hands.

"i didn't think i'd fall asleep though. i'm sorry," you apologized as you two made your way out of the theater.

"it's okay, you've been working really hard so it's understandable," jeno replied and threw the popcorn bucket and drinks into a trash can as you two walked out of the theater. he grabbed your hand, "do you want to walk home or do you want to take the subway?" he asked.

"i want to sleep..."

you two walked outside of the building. "well, you can't "sleep" home. okay, that leaves one option," jeno mentioned.

"huh?"

both of you stopped walking and jeno turned away from you while crouching down a bit. "okay, get on."

you climbed onto his back and he hooked his arms with your legs while you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"you're too sweet," you said to him.

"only for you," jeno replied and started walking towards your house. "love you, babe."

"i love you, too, babe."