haechan - departure

word count : 696

-

"stop pouting. it's not working on me," haechan said to you while packing a sweater into his suitcase.

you crossed your arms, still pouting at him. he grabbed another sweater and looked at you again.

"don't be like that!" he whined, "i won't be gone that long, babe."

you continued to stare at him while trying to make him feel guilty for leaving.

"i can't do anything about it!" haechan exclaimed. then, he pulled you into his arms and hugged you tight, "i'll be back before you know it," he said to you.

"but i don't want you to go," you muttered.

"this isn't the first time that this has happened. what do you usual do when i'm gone?" he asked.

"think about you twenty-four seven and wait for you to come back."

haechan just kissed your forehead. "i wish you could come with me this time," he said.

"me too," you said. both of you just stood there hugging each other for a minute. "you need to finish packing."

he sighed, "i know, but let's just stand here for another minute," he requested.

after a bit of time, you realized that he needed to leave soon or else he would be late. "babe, you need to finish packing. we need to leave," you said to him.

"yea," he stopped hugging you. while he finished packing, you grabbed your purse from downstairs and put your shoes on. you left your house and went to your car. you got inside of your car and started up the car.

soon, haechan left the house with his suitcase in hand. you watched him lock the door before you opened the trunk for him as he walked behind your car. he put his suitcase in and closed the trunk. then, he walked to the front passenger side and climbed into your car.

"ready?" you asked him as he placed his backpack between his legs and put his seatbelt on.

he nodded. "hopefully, there's not a lot of traffic," he said as you pulled out of your driveway. "what time do you have to leave for work?" he asked you as you left your neighborhood.

"shift starts at six. i'm covering for someone, but it'll probably be slow, so i'll be scrolling through instagram," you answered. haechan connected his phone to the sound system and music started playing in your car. "do you have a lot of shows?"

"yea, but we managed to make time for sightseeing. want a souvenir?" he asked you.

you laughed, "no, it's okay. but you can send me photos to make me jealous though," you replied.

"do you want me to set the gps? or do you know how to get there?" haechan asked.

"i know how to get there," you said. "i've taken you to the airport enough times," you added while getting onto the highway. "oh, do you want to get dinner when you come back?" you asked him.

"dinner? but i get back late. you should just go to bed," he replied to you. the song changed on the sound system. "i'll probably end up spending the night at the dorm. i don't want to wake up."

"if that's what you want to do," you replied.

you continued driving until you reached the airport. you drove until you reached the area where you needed to drop haechan off. once you reached the departure area, haechan took his seatbelt off and opened the door.

"travel safely," you said to him.

"i will," he said and leaned in. he kissed you on the lips. then, he kissed you again.

"you need to leave," you reminded him.

"yea, yea, yea," he replied, making you laugh. "i love you," he said and pecked your lips again.

"i love you, too. text me later," you said to him.

he nodded before getting out of your car while putting his backpack on. he closed the door to the car and you popped the trunk open, allowing haechan to retrieve his suitcase. he closed the trunk and waved as he start walking towards one of the entrances. you waved at him and watched him go inside before driving off.