jaemin - phone call

word count: 872

-

as you laid down on your couch, you scrolled through tv channels in absolute boredom. you were stuck at home quarantining since you had just came back from visiting family in another country, but it was so boring not being about to go out.

as you finally settled on a show to watch, your phone started ringing. you picked it up from the coffee table and saw that your boyfriend was calling you.

you accepted the call and turned speakerphone on, "hello?"

"hey beautiful," he spoke. "how's it going?" he asked.

"there's nothing to do," you whined.

"you could redecorate your room," jaemin suggested.

"i did that last night since i couldn't sleep," you mentioned.

"oh. how about cleaning out your closet and getting rid of old clothes?" he suggested again.

"i did that too. i just have to wait to donate them."

"how about reading a book?" he suggested once again.

"i got bored."

you heard jaemin sigh, "you could've at least finished the book." he said. "what are you doing right now?" he asked.

"watching tv," you answered. "why?"

"look outside," he said to you. you got off of your couch and opened the curtain that was blocking the window. you saw jaemin in front of your house with some bags. "i got you groceries and i got you your favorite bubble tea," he said to you.

"really?!" you exclaimed. "thank you, babe!" you jumped in excitement.

"i'll put them in front of your door," he said and picked the bags up. "i wasn't sure what food you needed, but i got stuff that you probably needed and some snacks," he mentioned. you watched him move the bags to your front door. "oh, there's more in my car. hang on," he said and walked to his car that was parked on the street. he grabbed more bags from the back and closed the door.

"you're the best," you said to him and watched him walk to your front door. "oh, did you get a bubble tea for yourself?" you asked him as he took a cup out of one of the bags.

he nodded and put his phone down. "yea. i got you two, i hope that's enough for you to survive. if not, i'll buy you more."

"enough though bubble tea basically runs through my veins, i think i'll survive with two," you said to him and watched him stab the lid with a straw.

jaemin walked over to the window so you two were across from each other.

"what are you looking at me for? get your groceries," he said and took a sip.

you nodded and walked away from the window. you walked to your front door and unlocked it. you opened the door and started grabbing as many bags as you could. you walked to the kitchen and placed the plastic bags down before returning to the front door. you grabbed the remaining grocery bags and closed and locked your front door.

"thank you for getting these for me," you said to jaemin and walked into your kitchen. you put your phone down on the counter next to the stove and started putting things away.

"of course. i'm glad i can at least see you even though i have to stay outside," jaemin said to you. "oh, this episode is good," he commented. you looked into the living room and saw him watching the show from outside.

you grabbed your bubble tea and stabbed the lid with a straw. you took a sip, "oh, is this the new strawberry one?" you asked.

"yea. it's good, right?" jaemin replied.

"yea, it is," you said to him.

you continued putting groceries away and finished while talking to jaemin, who was still standing in front of the window.

with your drink and phone in your hands, you walked to the window. jaemin had finished his drink. "can you throw this away for me?" he asked.

you nodded, "just leave it at the door. i'll throw it away when you leave," you said to him.

jaemin walked to your front door and placed the cup down. he walked back while you drank some more tea.

"so, are you going to last without any cuddles for the next two weeks?" jaemin asked.

you shook your head, "nope."

he chuckled, "you'll be fine." then he looked at his phone, "oh, i have to go," he said to you.

"work?" you asked.

he shook his head, "just practice, but i think we're having a meeting about something afterwards."

you frowned, "i don't want you to leave yet," you said to him.

"i'll come here tomorrow, promise," he said and smiled at you.

"fine," you replied. "drive safe and stay safe."

he nodded, "go make yourself some food so you aren't bored," he said to you. then, he looked at his phone again, "huh? mark's calling me. i'll call you from the car."

you nodded, "okie."

jaemin hung up and answered the call from mark. he waved at you while walking towards his car. you responded with a wave back to him.

you watched jaemin get into his car and leave while you walked back into the kitchen to make you something to eat.