lucas - surprise

word count : 655

-

"so i need to use this button and then it'll go there..." you mumbled to yourself while doing homework. you pressed a few buttons and finally got to your answer for one of your homework questions. "okay, perfect," you said and wrote down the answer on a sheet of paper.

music played from your laptop as you worked. you sighed as you continued doing homework that seemed to never end.

as you wrote another answer down, you heard someone knock at your window. you looked over and saw lucas standing on the balcony outside of your window.

you got up from your chair and unlocked the window before pushing it up, meeting the chill temperature. "what are you doing here?" you immediately asked.

he picked up a plastic bag from the emergency exit staircase and handed it to you.

"surprise," he said.

"what is this?" you asked.

"open it," he said. you walked away from the window and lucas climbed inside. he closed and locked the window while you put the bag on your desk. you untied it and found a cake inside.

"why did you buy me a cake?" you asked and looked at him.

"you made it into your dream school!" lucas exclaimed, "since i couldn't come to your graduation party, i thought this was a good idea."

you smiled and hugged him in response, "thank you."

"of course, baby," he replied and both of you kissed. "are you here alone?" he asked.

"yea, my sister went out with her friends," you answered.

"let's eat this. you'll like it," he said and moved your ottoman so he could sit next to you at your desk.

lucas took the cake out with some plastic forks and napkins that were in the bag. he opened the cake box and ripped the box up so the cake was fully exposed.

"it's so pretty," you said to him.

"well, i just had to get the best cake for you. this is a special occasion we're celebrating!" he exclaimed and handed you a fork. "come on, let's eat."

"shouldn't we cut it up?" you asked him.

"it's fine! just eat!" he said and immediately dug into the cake.

you did the same and ate a piece.

"is it delicious?" he asked. you nodded. "see? i told you i got you the best cake," he said with pride.

"you're so sweet to me," you said and kissed his cheek, "what did i do to deserve you?"

"well, giving me those chocolates was a big help in me liking you," he said and you rolled your eyes.

"don't make me remember that! you know how long it took me to mentally prepare for that valentine's day?" you asked him, recalling the events up until valentine's day of your freshman year.

"you know that i already knew you had a crush on me, right?" he asked. "it was pretty obvious when you would get shy around me when our group would meet up."

"shut up," you said and ate some more cake. lucas just laughed and you two continued enjoying the cake. "how are we gonna finish this? this cake is too much for two people," you said to him.

"yea, we probably won't finish it. just bring it to school and we can eat it during lunch," lucas said. "congrats again for getting into the school. i know you had been stressing a lot about it."

"thank you," you replied and lucas leaned against you, "so, we're going to be apart, aren't we?"

"we haven't even finished the year yet, don't say that," lucas said to you. "besides, maybe i'll go to your school."

"you hate school," you said to him.

"you're right, but i'm willing to go if i get to see your beautiful face everyday," he said to you. then, he looked up at you, "love you."

"love you more," you replied and both of you kissed again.