jaehyun - "lemonade"

word count : 638

-

"hi hon," you said and sat down in the booth next to him. you kissed his cheek, "did you wait long?" you asked as you reached into your purse and grabbed a flash drive. you skillfully and covertly handed him the flash drive, which he put in his pocket.

"no, i didn't wait long sweetheart," he smiled at you. "got you a drink," he mentioned.

you picked the cup up and took a sip threw the straw, "taste like lemonade," you said.

""hon", really?" he questioned.

"lemonade, really?" you repeated his questioning.

"when the boss told me we were becoming a team, i didn't think we'd be a couple," he said as he picked up his glass of water. he drank some water. "want to order anything, sweetie?" he asked, opening the menu and keeping up with the act.

"it's alright, babe. i'm not hungry," you replied. "how many targets you got?" you whispered while taking your chapstick out of your purse.

"are we really supposed to be disclosing this information to each other?" he asked.

"since we're a team, i think we kind of have to," you replied to him.

"how about we go back to my place, sweetie? we can watch a movie or something," he suddenly changes his poise.

"fine with me," you replied.

you two left the diner together, and he brought you to an apartment that he had been staying in since he went undercover. once the door was closed and locked, you sighed in relief. you sat down on a couch, taking your hair down since it had been up all day.

"agent jung jaehyun," he officially introduced himself as he took his jacket off, placing it on the countertop in the exposed kitchen.

"l/n, agent y/n l/n," you introduced yourself. "you're from the office here in seoul, yea?" you asked.

he nodded, "mhm. you?" he asked.

"transferred from jeju island," you mentioned. "who's your target?" you asked.

"got a few. mainly highly known executives who have been running money laundering schemes," he answered and grabbed a file off of a nearby table. he handed it to you, "here are their profiles."

you opened the file and looked through the documents. then, you noticed that you and jaehyun had a target in common.

"looks like we're after the same person," you said, closing the file. "the ambassador you're after, he's apparently involved in a lot more than just money laundering," you said.

"really? huh, i guess i'll find out soon enough," he said and sat down on an ottoman a couple of feet away from you. "my undercover persona just started working in the ambassador's office," he mentioned, "if the info you got is good, then we can take him down soon."

you nodded in agreement. then, his phone rang. jaehyun took his phone out of his pocket and answered the call, "hello? yes sir. yes sir. i would be honored, sir. of course. have a nice night." the call came to an end within a few minutes. "there's some party going on tomorrow. my boss wants me to go. will you be available?" he asked.

"well, i am pretending to be your girlfriend now, so i guess i have to be available," you replied to him. "i'll be on my way, now. see you tomorrow night." you said, standing up from your seat.

jaehyun grabbed your hand, "how about you stay for a bit? make it look like you're spending time with your boyfriend in case people are watching," he suggested.

you smirked, "you can't catch me 'cause i don't wait, but guess i could come up with something to do while i'm here," you replied, sitting down on jaehyun's lap.

"what would you be implying?" jaehyun asked you.

"i think you could guess, agent," you answered him.