haechan - "7 days"

word count : 640

-

you walked into your classroom and sat down at your desk. music continued playing in your earbuds as you took a notebook and a pencil box out of your backpack.

"7 days a week—"

"y/n!" you shot your head up when someone called your name. lee donghyuck, otherwise known as your fake boyfriend, stood in front of your desk. "geez, is your volume super high? or are you just ignoring me?"

today's it, the day we're supposed to break up.

"sorry, i was just really into it," you replied as you took your ear buds out and laid them on your desk.

"are we still down for bubble tea after school?" he asked.

you nodded, "yea."

"yo, haechan! let's get some breakfast real quick," one of his friends, mark, slid in and threw his arm over haechan's shoulders. "hey y/n." you waved and smiled at him.

"alright man. want to come with us? or do you want me to get food for you?" haechan asked you.

"i don't want anything, i'll stay here," you replied.

"let's go, dude," mark said before practically dragging haechan away.

once haechan was out of your view, you deeply sighed.

all of this because of a bet. why the hell did i even play that stupid game?

the school day started and ended. you had a lot to do so you decided to head to a nearby library for the rest of the day after you and haechan ended it.

"y/n!" you heard haechan call for you. you closed your locker and stood up straight. haechan walked over to you, "ready to go?"

i nod, "yea, let's go."

you two left school and headed to his favorite bubble tea store.

"i'll pay for yours," haechan said as he placed his order on a tablet.

"it's okay, i can pay for mine," you said to him.

"no, let me pay," he insisted.

you sighed, "fine." you replied and placed your order on the tablet. haechan payed for both of your drinks and you two received them. then, you two headed to the a park, walking along a bridge.

"i'm sor—"

"can we—"

both of you stopped when both of you talked at the same time. haechan chuckled.

"you can talk first," he said to you.

"i'm sorry for making you be my boyfriend for the week," you apologized.

"it's okay, really," haechan replied to you as you took a sip of your bubble tea. "to be honest, it was really nice. my friends were surprised about me and you. they don't know the truth, but their reactions were pretty funny when i told them that we started dating," he mentioned.

"you want to end this, right? it's been 7 days, so we can end it," you said to him.

"and if i said i didn't want to end it?" he asked. you stopped walking and faced him.

"what?" you questioned.

"i know i didn't want this to last long, but that's changed. i...i want to take you on dates and spend time with you," he admitted and looked away, "i want to make this real."

you looked down, "you aren't mad at me?" you asked.

"mad at you? i could never be mad at you. sure, i was a little annoyed when you asked me at the party, but a week can change how a person feels. you're one of the sweetest people i know, and y/n, i like you a lot," he revealed, "and a little birdy named renjun may or may not have told me that you like me too."

"i'm going to kill my brother."

haechan chuckled before hugging you, "well, let me take you on a proper date before you do that," he said and kissed your forehead. "come on, let me take you on a date."