jungwoo - rainy day

word count : 809

-

"it's look like it isn't stopping anytime soon..." you muttered as you looked in the sky to see if the clouds were moving.

"you always forget an umbrella," you heard a voice chuckle. you turned your head and saw jungwoo, one of your classmates, standing next to you.

"jungwoo! what are you doing here?" you asked him.

"i had to go to the store once class ended," he mentioned and lifted up two plastic bags that were in his hand. "are you stranded here?" he asked.

you nodded, "yea. i went to go buy a book."

"do you want me to walk you home?" he asked. "you live pretty far away, and it could take awhile before the rain goes away."

"i don't want to bother you. it's okay," you said to him.

"you're going to be stuck here for awhile, y/n. i'll take you back," he offered.

"are you sure i won't be bothering you?" you asked again.

"you're not going to bother me, promise," he reassured you. "come on," he lifted his umbrella up.

you two got close so you could fit under the umbrella and started walking through the rain.

"thank you," you said.

"yea, no problem," jungwoo replied. "are you going to doyoung's party?" he asked.

"the one on friday night? yea, i am. are you?" you asked.

jungwoo nodded, "yep. i'll be there. you want to go there together? i can pick you up if you want."

"i feel like i'll bother you again," you responded.

"stop saying that. you're not a bother," he said to you. "i'll pick you up at seven, got it?"

"okay," you nodded. rain started to fall even harder as you two continued walking.

"hey, would you want to stay at my place till the rain lightens up? i think it'd be safer. my place is two blocks away," jungwoo offered. all of a sudden, you heard thunder crash.

"uh, yea, let's go. i don't want to be electrocuted," you replied.

both of you hurried to his apartment and made it there in one piece.

"do you have roommates?" you asked jungwoo as you two walked in.

"no, not anymore. mark used to live here, but he moved out a few months ago," jungwoo answered. "want anything to drink? water? coffee?" he asked and walked into the kitchen.

"i'll take coffee," you answered. you sat down at the breakfast counter while jungwoo made you coffee and put away the stuff he bought earlier. "weren't you dating that girl in our economics class?" you suddenly asked him.

"huh? we dated for like three months, why?" he asked and opened a cabinet to grab a glass.

"i heard she lived with you from lucas," you answered.

"what? no, she came over a few times but that was it. we weren't meant to be with each other anyways. she got way too clingy and never wanted to party," jungwoo mentioned and opened the fridge, "you take creamer?" he asked.

"and sugar, yea," you replied. "you can't party too much."

"but our friend group likes to party. i wasn't there for some of them because of her," he replied and poured water into his glass. the coffee machine finished making coffee and jungwoo mixed in creamer and sugar for you.

"thank you," you said to him.

"yea, no problem," he smiled. he put the mug in front of you. as jungwoo put away the creamer, you took a sip of coffee. "is it good?"

"perfect," you replied. he took a sip of water while you looked out the window.

"i think it'll be pouring until tonight," jungwoo said to you. "you might as well make yourself comfy here if you don't want to get shocked."

"you don't mind?" you asked.

"not at all. i like having company over," he replied.

the two of you continued to talk and jungwoo even made dinner for both of you since the rain really didn't stop until the sun went down. once the rain stopped and the sky was clear of any clouds, you decided to go home.

"i guess i'll see you at the party since class got cancelled friday," jungwoo said to you as you put your shoes on.

"yea, text or call me when you're leaving," you said to him.

he nodded, "yea, of course."

you put your bag over your shoulder and looked at him, "see you later."

"yea," he smiled. "oh! take this," he said and grabbed his umbrella.

"i have one at home, it's okay," you said to him.

"just take it in case it starts raining. you never know how the weather will be," he said to you.

you smiled and took his umbrella, "thanks."

"no problem. see you on friday," he replied.

"bye, see you later," you smiled and left his apartment with his umbrella in your hand.