Chapter 91

I felt so refreshed after the run that I fell asleep by a creek. As promised, four hours later I was licked awake by Xavier.

We raced back home, Xavier nipping at Zian which she didn't mind. I knew she enjoyed the attention he so generously poured into her. She was such a diva. We shifted back as we reach the packhouse. We were both quiet but it was a comfortable silence. Something we had both needed. It was light and pleasant.

This time again, when we returned, I saw my parents waiting for me by my door. My mood immediately dampened.

"We need to talk." My father told me.

Blaze kissed me on the cheek as he left. "I will be with the gang if you need me luna." He said leaving us alone. How mighty big of him. I didn't miss how he took the liberty to kiss me. But I had bigger things to worry about now.

I opened my door and let my parents pile in. I think Blaze already informed Zarine of this meeting so he was nowhere to be found. Traitor. So this was all planned huh?

My parents sat in front of me as I glared at them. It was obvious they were uncomfortable but they didn't show it.

"May I just start by saying that even if I had lost my memory I had felt that something was missing Zara." My mother began.

"I felt like a big chunk of me was gone, to a place I couldn't access. And I thought I was crazy for it," She admitted. I knew she was innocent in all this. I knew it in my gut, but I refused to accept it or think about it. Because I knew if I did, I would forgive her. And I didn't want to forgive her yet. I wanted to keep on being angry at her. For losing me forgetting about me for so long. For believing in Dex's lies.

My mom was a variable, that much was obvious. She was in the grey zone for her crimes.

I wondered what Dex could say to ease my pain. For what he did to me. I shifted my eyes to him. There was a long silence where we just stared at each other. It looked like he was collecting himself. I kept my expression carefully blank. Male wolves are egoistic and don't like to apologize, do they? I would like to see how long he can hold on.

I can't believe I used to idolize this man. We just sat still until my mom nudged at him to say something.

"I sent you away to protect you." He finally sighed.

Oh, we are starting with this bullshit now, are we?

"Is that so?" I asked sweetly. Sickly sweetly with a broad smile.

"I knew I nor the pack was in no state to protect you. And I didn't want t to endanger you. Sam was after you then and I-"

"And you thought sending me off with that sadistic sister of yours was in everyone's best interest? Someone who might I add was always jealous of you. So you knew for that vermin to toy with me and do as she liked would be perfectly safe. It was alright to go through abuse physically and verbally. Everything that was your baggage was dropped on me ?" I interrupted him still maintaining that smile.

It irked me how he still wouldn't accept the truth.

He scowled at me and I smirked at him.

"If you are able to convince at least one person in this room of that bullshit, including yourself then you daddy dearest have worse self-denial issues than your darling sister and and that is putting it mildly," I remarked.

My mom rubbed my dad's arm to keep him from exploding and he took deep breaths and rubbed his temples to control himself. Good to see where I got that habit from.