Chapter 1

"Gosh Z, he is seriously hot. I mean I get why you have a crush on him."Lily, my friend said, looking at the future alpha of silver moon pack and fanning herself as she walked past me. It is good that she understands, but I did not appreciate that she was staring at him. Amelia, my best friend rolled her eyes as we watched her retreating figure.

Blaze. He stood there with his black hair waving in the wind. His shiny black, biker jacket, paired with the white t-shirt underneath and the black jeans almost had every girl's attention on him. His sharp jaw can give me a paper cut, like seriously where can we buy jaws like that? Oh yeah, we don't buy those.

His piercing blue eyes can burn into your soul. And to prevent the nuclear explosion that can happen with that eyes burning into souls, the moongoddess had skillfully placed some locks of his perfect hair onto his left eye. And lastly, to complete the bad boy look, he had a ring on his eyebrow.

Man, why does he always look so perfect? You have to appreciate the finer things in life. And lemme tell you, there isn't a single day I haven't congratulated the moongoddess for this masterpiece.

He turned, talking with his friend, Jake. The school's player. The blonde didn't stand a chance against him though. Oh, and did I mention he is the beta. His much quieter, subtle, adorable non-identical twin Drake is the delta. Drake has brown hair.

Just look a millimeter to his side and he will see me. Oh please moongoddess. Make him look a millimeter to the side so that I can rest in peace. I know he is not my mate and all, but I can't help it. He is just so... words aren't enough to say how irresistibly handsome he is.

That's when the school's biggest slut walked in. Introducing you to Lila. She made me wanted to gag with all the high contend of makeup she is wearing. And that much of skin exposure can make people go blind... especially the girls. She should tie a sign around her neck that says 'Toxic! Look away, if you don't want to be blind.' She is not even that pretty. But I guess the boys would still love to see some naked flesh. Doesn't matter whose. 

"Hey whore, somebody puked near the restroom. Why don't you go and clean it?" Of course, they only puke near the restroom, not go into it. I rolled my eyes. Amelia doesn't defend me. It's the usual. She is a scaredy cat and well I know she wishes to do it from the bottom of her heart. Lila is an Omega. And she can still control me. Yeah, I am considered less than that. But I made my peace with it now. I have gone through worse.

"Hey, darling..." Jemima walked in, her blonde hear bobbing as she hugged Blaze from behind. People call her Jem, for short. I sighed. Gosh, how I hated her. Or at least I wanted to. No this isn't one of those cliché stories where the slut is the easily replaceable girlfriend of the hero. No in this story the hero got the perfect, most beautiful girlfriend in the high school that even the slut can't hate. And another not so cliché stuff is that the slut isn't the queen bee around here either. Yeah, yeah, again it's Jemima. But you see, everyone genuinely adores her. I know girls here who would take it as an honor to get punched by her. Pathetic. Not that she punches anyone or anything. She is simply that good. One of those rare goods where people know that she is not trying to be a goody two shoes. But good in the sense that she is actually cool. At least the slut and I were both on the same page here. In the sense, we both wanted to hate her.

I feel really guilty for saying all this though. She was my first friend here. Or since forever. Popularity and everything aside, she still noticed the redhead under the black cap on her first day and offered to help. And that says a lot. I know she is perfect to be a Luna. It is just that when I see her touching him, I want to put her under a slicer and slice her and then gift her carcass to Blaze on his birthday if he ever cared to invite me. What? It's not my fault I have a monster crush on her boyfriend. And I hate their relationship. Thus tending to get a wee-bit violent. Ok a lot more than that, but still.

I sighed, seeing him turn and take her in his arms. How I wish it was me. And what is with all this sighing?

"Hey whore, didn't you hear what I said?" Lila's annoying voice pierced through my daze, bringing me back to reality.

That's when Blaze, Jem and the whole popular crew walked by us and into the hallway of the school. In case you are wondering the popular crowd is just the normal. The jocks, the basketball team and all the usual, with the cheerleader and... Jason the nerd. Hm, I wonder how that came about.

They walked by me. I dropped my head wanting to blend into the crowd. My cap is my shield. For all my sass, I never had the courage to actually look at any of them in the eye, let alone speak with them. Yeah, some alpha's daughter I will make.

Blaze and Lila stopped to greet Maddox who is the alpha's son from the Red Moon, a neighboring back.

"Gosh, what are you? A stalker??" Lila said. Sure, I look like a  creep. So I can't blame her. Handing me cleaning detergent and a wash cloth, she walked away. The janitor is sleeping most of the time. So mostly I do the work around here. Werewolf speeds helped a lot in that. He is an old man who is a human. So I decided to help. Plus I needed the cash.

I took the things from her. Don't even ask me how she suddenly got this. Sometimes, she is just weird and I just leave it at that. And don't tell anyone, but some people say that she is a half-witch. So that figures.

Amelia and I slowly walked past Blaze and Maddox bro-hugging. I was dragging my feet, slowly, slowly just not wanting to be caught. Amelia gave me a quizzical look. She doesn't speak much.

I saw Lila looking around awkwardly as Blaze and Maddox continued to speak about some match they saw on TV last night.

I wanted to blend into the blue lockers at the sides. I was wearing a blue oversized t-shirt and torn baggy pants (people think it's just the ripped style) and my white worn out sneakers. I could easily blend in with the lockers. Or the crowd. But these are the times I cursed my eye-catching auburn hair. I usually pull it up in my cap. So people mostly think I am a boy. Today for some reason, I decided to let it down a bit. Well mostly because today Blaze got back from his Alpha meeting which was across the country which his uncle send him for early alpha training. And I missed my eye-candy so...

Lila was scanning the crowd.

"Psst, hide me," I said to Amelia.

"What?"

"I said, hide me"

I pleaded her with her and Realization dawned on her. I raised my eyebrows, forcing her into action.

"Oh ok," she said.

We were just getting into position when-

"Zara!"

Sigh. Speak of the devil.