Chapter 119

Hi guys, sorry for the break. I was down in bed for two weeks with covid probably(even though I tested negative). And then my family got it too, even though I am not staying with them lol. It was a mess for a while. 

Hopefully, the coming chapters make up for it since they are long. Let me know your thoughts and don't forget to comment, vote, and follow. Every one of them counts and I am so excited to hear your thoughts ;)

Anyways, on to the story now...

Blaze POV

I starred at Dex. We had been sitting here like this for awhile. Just silence.

We were both exhausted. I had set up this meeting after taking care of all the pack business. We had to rank about my mate.

We were brainstorming ideas to help Zara but we haven't been able to come up with anything productive.

The pack was getting agitated. They had been asking to see their luna for so long. Yet she was in no form to greet people let alone talk and encourage them.

Dex rubbed his face exasperated and I leaned back on my chair. Zonn hasn't been of much help either and the records in his archives just showed how berserk wolves ended up killing themselves and the different stages of it. 

And my mate showed all the symptoms. From her unstable behavior to her past anger issues. If we didn't do something soon, find out a way to cure her, we would lose her forever.

"Let's try thinking about this objectively. We-" He began but I interrupted him.

"It's my mate Dex how objective can I be?" I snapped but instantly regretted it. He just looked at me with understanding.

"What's your plan," I asked sighing.

"Why don't we just let her take care of it herself?" He asked

What?

"She is stronger than the other wolves. She is an alpha. And whatever has happened till now, her improvements have been because of her. Because of her own mindset. Despite what we did." He pointed out.

He did make a fair point.

"And if things turn for the worst?" I asked and he didn't reply.

That's what I thought.

We sat and brainstormed for a while after that as well. Both of us not wanting to admit the hopelessness of the situation. How fruitless it all was. Her mom was also not able to bear to see her like this anymore. She hardly got out of bed nowadays. Dex must have been having it tough too.

I tried to hold Zara to sleep but without the bond, I was understanding my limitations better. I couldn't calm her, my touch meant nothing to her. And when she woke up in the middle of the night, screaming and wailing and kicking, there wasn't much I could do but hold her and console her.

I was helpless. And without the bond, I had no hope either. The bond was the only hope we had really. If my rejection had caused it all, perhaps my acceptance could have healed. But now we will never know.

I had already set some of the best lab researchers to reverse the effects of the poison. They were trying to figure out whatever Sam had used. We need to know that first since all the other methods failed.

Whatever he used was potent enough to break our bond by just ingesting a little bit. By just one party, not both. We had done several blood tests but most of the results were inconclusive. If things for worse than this, I wasn't above going to the vampires and begging to get the formula.