Chapter 106

Compared to my previous healing abilities, my recovery was so slow. I was worried everyone was beginning to suspect me. It was frustrating just lying here like this as Blaze still wouldn't let the doctors discharge me.

It was a few days after my talk with my parents that Raven finally came by. The gang still hadn't come by as they weren't ready to forgive me. But my mom was constantly here now, much to Blaze's frustration. It felt like I hadn't seen Raven in months and I had immediately pounced on to her and hugged her. She looked haggard.

Blaze hadn't looked happy at Raven visiting me but he knew better than to interfere with our girl time. Besides he knew from our bond that I wanted to talk to her and let her down gently. That's why he probably left without much complaint albeit reluctantly. He still made sure to glare at Raven for a good measure. Everything was a competition for him nowadays. I suppose my ambiguity didn't help. He left but he was still nearby though. Close enough run in if I screamed or hear if there was a commotion.

"How are you?" I asked her gently as she sat down on the bed next to me.

"Never been better." She said and smiled.

"So it's true what they said. I heard the gang saying that your change after you woke up was phenomenal," she said and I smiled sheepishly.

I took her hand in mine and she huffed.

"I know what you are going to say. It was stupid what I did." She said looking down.

"No, no I think you just mistook our bond for something else," I said reassuringly.

"Our bond?' she asked looking up, confused.

"Yes, our bond. Raven, I believe you are my guardian. In fact, everyone in the gang including Zarien is my guardian. But I have the strongest connection to you and Zarine." I explained.

Realization finally dawned on her.

"But I thought they didn't exist." She whispered. And I told her I didn't either until recently.

But that explained the strong protectiveness she had felt for me and the bond we shared with the gang. It wasn't just a mere group bond. She nodded solemnly.

"And by the way, you are hawt girl. Have some confidence. I was extremely flattered and if I swung that way, you would be my first choice." I told her matter of factory and a smile bloomed on her face. A genuine one. I released a breath I hadn't realised I had been holding.

"And I believe you have someone out there for you. Just keep waiting Raven. They will be here soon. I can feel it." I told her and she grinned.

"Of course and they better hurry if they don't want to miss out  all on this." She said gracefully swinging a hand over herself and I laughed.

"You are a goof friend Raven," I told her sincerely.

She nodded and closed her eyes.

"Hmm so are you." She told me.

"Friends forever?" I asked bringing my pinkie for a promise and she hooked hers into mine without hesitation.

"Friends forever," she confirmed and we locked our foreheads, before giggling like little schoolgirls. Aaah I had missed this.

She told me the gang and warned her not to come to me. And that I was a traitor. They even tried to convince her that Blaze might attack if she visited. She visited despite all that. I was grateful for that. Such a true friend. She looks like she had been through hell the past few days.