Chapter 26

There was something I didn't understand though. Why was he with another girl when he was already mated to Stacey? Does the chipmunk know about this? I thought it physically hurt them when they cheated on each other.

I think my stare of confusion hinted Drake to my thoughts as he said

"Raven is my cousin."

Oh, well whether he realizes it or not the girl's got a crush on him. And I bet Stacey knows about it to too.

I understand though. Drake is the good twin among them. Blonde and handsome in a boyish way, a bit mischievous and yet the prince charming every girl dreams of. Why didn't I get a mate like that?

Jake, on the other hand, is the total opposite. He is outgoing, social and extremely popular among girls. He is mischievous on another level and lives up to his notorious reputation as well. Apart from the alpha king himself, I bet every boy wants to be him. The twins are not identical in any way. But the similarities can't be missed. Drake's green eyes are brighter and vivid and dancing with mischief compared to his brother's darker more intense forest green. Both of them have the same blonde hair that beautifully complements with their eyes.

To me, the fact that Drake is already taken makes him more attractive. Messed up, I know.

Both of them don't hold a candle to Blaze though.

He plopped down on the seat next to me. Which earned me a glare from this Raven girl. And the blankest of blank stare from Blaze.

We let the class settle and start before speaking. We wanted to speak but too many wolves were around us so I opened the mind link.

What's up? I asked

Well... Jake's been acting weird since yesterday.

He replied

Why does this concern me?

Listen he will want to talk to you today about... something and I want you to act a bit gentle with him if you are in fact letting him down.

A good judge of character, I like that. Yes, I will let him down. Love and crushes and dates and other crap like that don't have a place in my life. They are a total waste of time. I have bigger things to pursue. Besides, I already belong to Sam. And he knows my limits as well.

He has got this crazy idea in his head that you are his... well, I will let him tell you.

He paused. I am his what?

Look he has been through some pretty hard stuff that is not my place to say. So just don't get too harsh on him alright? He may not look like it but he is a big softie inside. He is very sensitive and tends to act irrationally because of that. 

Oookay. Interesting.

It is not my place to say what he has been through but if you come to know about it, you will understand.

He added quickly.

So? He asked nervously

Yeah, it's cool. I said sighing.

That's it? It's cool? Bu-

I looked at him and he immediately stopped.

Never mind. He said and looked front sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

Aw... that's cute.

I immediately shut the mind link as well. Brotherly love. Nice.

All I can say is, I won't be too harsh on him. But if he took it out too strong, I will too. And then I make no guarantees.