Chapter 70

I could feel the pressure of his shoulders on my stomach as he carried me away.

The stupid mate bond made my skin tingle wherever he touched.

That didn't stop me from trying to beat the hell out of him though.

Everyone on the beach stared as he once again proved his word and laid his claim on me.

The humiliation.

His back was like a rock.

Solid and hard. None of my jabs were getting through. Of course, he was always stronger than I thought. He never respected me enough as an opponent to reveal that.

I gnashed my teeth. He was crossing so many lines.

So the moment he loosened his arms to put me down, I kicked him hard in the chest ensuring a grunt from him and setting him back a few steps as I plopped down, almost losing my balance.

The sand would have been soft for a land but that still didn't stop him from trying to stabilize me. What the hell did he want?

Why was he being this way?

I got stabilized but he still wasn't letting go. 

Why was he manhandling me? So touchy and... needy.

There was a time, I would have given anything to get this from him. But now... I just wanted to see him suffer in the worst way possible.

And the ticket to that was Jem.

Who we broke up with. The stupid mutt.

I couldn't help it, all the anger came rushing out, and I beat at him, scratched him, punched him and did anything I could.

And he still... didn't retaliate.

"What... do you think I am too weak for your attack?" I taunted.

He raised his head to look at me. I must look like a wild cat, helplessly caged in his arms, as I tried to scratch his eyes out.

But the look in his eyes... it looked earnest... hoping.

It was disgusting.

"No... I think I deserve it." He said lowly, his blue eyes contrasted eerily with the amber spill of a sunset behind him.

With all the fuss, I hadn't noticed that he had brought me to a secluded area. Behind the set of rocks on the beach. And even if people did want to come by, I was sure they were too scared of him.

His eyes still had that disgusting look to it. Like I was some treasure he admired.

Oh, what I would have given.

Before I could help myself I was hitting him again, scratching at that gorgeous face and anything I could get my hands on and he still just held on tight.

His healing was strong though.

The scratches wouldn't last even a few seconds before it disappeared.

Another thing he lied to me about.

Because the wolf had the audacity to hold me onto me I wasn't able to get the momentum to land something that would actually hurt.

And the worst of all, with him being so close, I could feel the wall I had kept up in the mate bond crack open.

Not fully.

But it was a start.

And something told me he would keep chipping away.

Behind the wall, I could hear Xavier purring, scratching and hitting at it.