Chapter 49

"She is ready to be discharged." The doctor said adjusting the spectacles perched on his nose.

My dad and mom looked relieved. Blaze looked... like he was constipated. Relief and anxiety at the same time.

While Jason and the gang did not make it any less of a celebration with enough hollering to bring out a coma patient on the thirtieth floor.

I wanted to roll my eyes. They are so... exposed.

Emotions are such a waste of time. They are so fleeting after all. I mean you are happy and laughing one second and crying the next.

My wolf stated. And at this moment with all the noise pollution I couldn't agree more.

The gang even carried my bags out. Even though I was completely capable and no longer weak.

Jason even tried to help me with walking. But I don't know whose growl scared him more. Mine or Blaze's.

I didn't even have much luggage to carry. A lightweight duffel bag carrying my hoodie, jeans, hoodie, jeans and even more hoodies.

Probably why my parents cast my wardrobe selection a look of aghast. Especially my mom.

For the past few days, I had heard her incoherent sighs and groans at my endless collection of the same hoodie, with the same color.

I strolled out with the gang who had miraculously turned into zoo animals. An annoyed Blaze. And my parents.

I didn't know my health was such an issue.

All this commotion is seriously making me sick.

By the time we reached the lobby, with a look of distaste from doctors and nurses alike, I had about had enough.

However, after we got out, everyone quieted down suddenly.

Blaze gave dad a nod and left. The gang piled into a van without any invitation to me. Which I was still deciding to be glad about or not.

Jason slightly pushed me towards my parent's car with an encouraging smile.

What were they doing? It was almost scripted and planned.

My bonded gang was betraying me. After all that big talk.

But then again, why am I so upset? It's not like I expected them to hold up their part of the deal. Waiting for my recovery is one thing. Saving me from my parents is another. I should have learned after all my experience.

My parents stood nervously waiting for me, by their car. Waiting for me to explode. From which I was seconds away.

"You planned this?" I barked.

They looked at each other nervously.

"We want what is best for you Zara-"

"Cut the crap," I demanded.

My mom looked to be on the verge of tears. And while it affected me more than it liked to admit, at my moment of rage I wanted her to tear glands to suck it right back up.

"Zara-"

"NO."

I screamed.

I would rather walk back by myself than travel with them.

"It's not us. We want you to meet someone." Dad said.

That caught my attention.

"Please, it's very important. We are running out of time." My mom pleaded.

What was this about?

Seeing that Blaze and the gang had departed, I really didn't have much of a choice by this point.

I huffed out a breath.

"You let go in one hour," I demanded.

They didn't object so I strolled in.

I had so much of work to do. And this is delaying me. After my bed rest of almost 4 days, we are getting closer to the war, without any input from my side. This is getting messy.

All along the car ride, the air was pulsating was tension, which I was only too happy to keep up.

Father did try to make idle small talk. But he didn't get far with that because of my cold indifference.

We did return to the pack house. So I really didn't see the need for the car ride with them.

They turned giving me a serious look. Something is up. They looked like they wanted to tell me something but decided against it.

I followed them without questions. At this point, I don't even know why I was agreeing to their requests. Maybe because it's amusing since they will all be wiped out of existence in a few weeks.

"Ok, we want you to know that it was her who requested this meeting." My dad says while walking.

"Yes, she was in no position, physically to make this, but she is just too stubborn." My mom said frustratedly.

Who?

We came to a halt in front of a double wooden door. Luxurious design. it was the VIP section for alphas. Of course. I was stuck in the attic for ears while these rooms laid unused. Certainly not forgotten because that would be a crime to the treasures inside.

"Zara what you are about to see might affect you to some degree, but we are here no matter what, ok?" dad said.

I raised an eyebrow to give him a 'really' look.

"You have 30 minutes left."

I reminded.

Dex sighed and mom latched onto his hand.

They looked at each other tensed and sighed.

So dramatic.

Then they pushed open the double door. And the scent hit me like an old but vibrant memory.

Oh no. this is not what I think it is. or in his case, who I think it is.

I vaguely remembered Lexi giving me intel on a car that passed the border. One of Dex's cars.

It's too late. I can't avoid it at this point.

I pushed through the double doors to meet her.

And the sight that greeted me was one that I wished I could erase.

Grandma.

Dun, dun, dun. Yup, cliffhanger.

You know the drill lovelies. Vote, Comment and follow.

Tell me what you think of this chapter.

Zara is finally up and about to meet her grandma. It's exciting.

Ok then, I will see you on Tuesday Lovelies. I am a bit sleepy heh heh. Uni is so stressful.

Bye.