Chapter 48

Zara POV

Its been three more days since I have been stuck in this godforsaken hospital. What I could have healed on my own in a few hours is now dragged onto days. All thanks to my wolf who was hell-bent on punishing me.

It's been three days since Blaze put me in an almost vegetative state with my paralyzed body. And with my current condition and my wolf's absence, it was almost impossible to break through.

People came to see me every day. Mom, dad, Blaze, Jem, Jason, Amanda, Stacey and everyone.

Concerned faces passed by me day after day and it maddening. They looked at me with pity or sympathy.

It was the same thing over and over again. They looked at me as if I was weak.

And what's worse, I felt weak.

I was starting to understand how dependent on Sam I was. Without Zian and Sam, this is what I would amount to.

This weak, crying mess.

This is not what I trained for. Where is all the result of that work? Why was I changing colors like a chameleon?

I hated myself for becoming this.

My mom is preparing food. She is always running around the place to take care of me. Doing all the work.

It's easy to be pampered. She even left my baby sister to stay with me. Leaving her with the housemaid instead.

Why? Why is she caring for me?

I bring my arm up to cover my face as I feel the burning hot tears break through. Gosh, I am a mess these days.

My observant mom quickly catches on.

I don't know if I was crying due to frustration and anger or sadness and confusion. How did it end up like this? I need to get myself back together.

"Zara?" My mom's sweet voice calls.

"Go away," since when did I start sounding so whiny?

"Aw, what's wrong honey?" She rushes to my side, gently tugging my arm from my face.

With the amount of energy left my body, I knew it was a losing battle. Even against someone as gentle as my mom. It took me hours upon hours to get the feeling back in my left arm. And still, it was slow and lethargic.

She removed my forearm from my face to reveal a possibly blotted, red face gleaming with tears.

"Zara baby, what's wrong?" She asked taking my face in her hands.

She is so pretty. I remember when I wanted to be as pretty as her.

The ugly sobs started breaking through. Why am I so emotional?

"You can tell me anything, Zara. I am here for you ok? Even if you tell me you killed someone I will support you. Even if you are int wrong I will support you. Even f you did a heinous and unforgivable crime, I will support you. "

I know she was desperate now, to get me to speak. To make me go with her.

"I..." I try to speak but my voice is too hoarse.

"What is it, baby?" She asks. I can see tears gleaming in her eyes.

Whatever she was telling me was out of maternal instinct. Female wolves are very protective of their children. They are designed like that. In addition, she is also a luna.

I had no doubt about her honesty. She would support me in anything. Even if I wanted to destroy the whole werewolf community, she would have. Even against my dad's wishes.