Chapter 111

Zara POV

The moment we entered the banquet hall we were swept away into crowds. Blaze stuck close by but everyone else was stuck in different parts of this sea of a crowd.

Everyone was curious about my abilities. And they made no secret out of it.

I got swarmed by alphas and pack members alike.

"Can you only control electricity or can you do more than that?"

"What's your range?"

"Can you kill someday with it??"

"Is it magic?"

"Were you born with it?"

"How long have you had it?"

"Were you gifted since birth?"

"Can you show us what you can do?"

"Hack my phone!"

I felt like I was going dizzy from the array of questions. Blaze finally lost it and growled at them and got me something to drink.

I was finally taking a breather when I felt goosebumps on my back. Yes, they are here. I could feel it. I could always feel it in my spine when Sam was nearby.

I don't know how it worked. He wasn't my mate. But there was always a connection.

"I'm coming for you, Zara." I could almost hear a whisper of his voice in my mind. Almost.

"Wait for my love." I closed my eyes against the anticipation.

Despite everything, there was no movement yet.

What the hell was he planning.

I closed my eyes trying to remember something. Anything.

"I have my ways to get to them." He had told me.

"But they are a big crowd. Almost 10 times bigger than us in size."I had told him distastefully,

"Yes but I have my ways." He had winked.

This was months ago.

Think Zara. Think! Think!

How would he get to a crowd of weres? How would subdue them?

Glasses clinked in my peripheral vision. The wine! Everyone had to drink the wine!

Zonn got everyone's attention by clinking his glass.

"This year has been a great step for us werewolves." Zonn said.

"We finally have methods to keep our pack members safe and in check in the human world. There has never been a better time for us." He continued.

"Whats more? We have been blessed with a king. The first in over 200 years. And he has finally unified all out packs into one clan, one nation." He said to Blaze raising his glass at Blaze who appeared by my side with a glass of apple juice.

It looked like champagne. And besides, no one would complain because I just got out of the hospital.

"To the alpha king!" Zonn shouted and shouts and murmurs of approval ran through the crowd as they brought the glasses to their mouths.

NO!

It was disrespectful to not toast to an alpha. And this was an official ceremony.

"Luna?" Blaze asked sensing my distress.

"Don't drink the wine," I told him.

"What?"

"Don't drink the freaking wine." I hissed at him as I got up to find a gang member. Anyone really who had the bond to communicate with the pack as I was still locked out. Despite all our planning they still hadn't let me in.