Chapter 57

I would rather deal with a table full of crowded teenagers than this.

I could only hear the soft sniffs first. But then her sickly sweet honey and lavender scented perfume made its way to my nose.

She turned before I had a chance to abort mission.

Stacey's red eyes came into view.

"Oh Z-z-z-zara, I was just using this toilet coz the other one will probably be crowded."

I looked at her wordlessly. Last I checked the chipmunk thrived in crowds.

But I was not one to pry. I would leave at at that but the girl wouldn't stop her sobbing. She was trying. Really, really hard.

But she couldn't stop.

I internally groaned.

Social etiquette demanded me to see to her well being. Besides from the bond we developed it seemed whatever this was, it was serious for her.

Where the hell is Drake?

Isn't he supposed to manage situations like this.

As she turned back to the wash basins trying to pull herself together I stood their awkwardly rubbing my neck

"Um... I will see if I can find Drake." I said awkwardly.

But she was squealing before I had the chance to finish.

"NO!"

I gazed at her, stunned. Her grip was colder and sweatier than usual.

Then as if realising she was still holding my hand she backed away as if electrocuted.

Both of us fell silent after that.

Ugh she is leaving me no choice.

"What's the matter?" I asked tentatively.

Please say its nothing, please say its nothing.

"Oh, it's nothing."

I mentally heaved.

"Just... you probably don't wanna know and it will be boring for you. It's not that I don't wanna share. You wouldn't wanna hear it either..."

I wanted to facepalm myself.

Why couldn't she have just stayed quiet? Doesn't she know usual social etiquette is hard for me.

And damn I don't wanna hear it. I don't wanna walk into her problems and create a better bond for ourselves. Coz that cliche set up is what this seemed like.

But chipmunk just had to talk over herself didn't she.

"It's fine if you wanna share. I can lend a listening ear. " I said trying too feign as much invest as possible.

She looked at me as if she saw a ghost.

Was it so hard to believe I knew to be non-hostile.

She snapped out if when I shuffled.

"Oh Zara that makes me so happy. I just didn't expect you to be the type to..."

And the girl launched herself into her blabber mania again. It will probably last until the lunch break is over. I can use the chatter to waste time and knowing her she would go on if she nit stopped. I could use that. Besides she was entertaining when she was nervous.

Wimp.

My wolf snickered.

You know I am not.