Chapter 25

All throughout the class, Amelia has been staring daggers my way. She was trying to catch my eye and even did a few weird things in between like-

1. Knock a nearby boy's cap off his head.

2. Spill water all over her desk.

3. Poke Hails in the nose with her pen.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Hails followed her in five minutes later? Amelia seems to have become a handful. At least my ex-best friend is much more outgoing than she used to be. Although a bit of a weirdo. Hails seems to adore her despite all that. The way he steals quick glances at her during classes and the way he glares at any boy who stares at her and the way he almost growled at the boy who got annoyed when she knocked his cap over. Ah, the beauty of true mates is something to be felt.

He also looked at me weirdly due to my lack of vision when it comes to Amelia.

Anyway, my point is, I have very respectfully avoided Amelia as I didn't quite "see" what she did due to my absolutely faithful attentiveness to the class or the way the Malory Towers rip-off has her hair fixated high above her all-mighty head.

How does one do that? I mean, how does it stay there? It defies the whole concept of gravity.

So while Amelia 0.5 has been doing some very unproductive 'trying to catch my attention thingie' which she hasn't realized even a blind Emu would notice from Africa (apart from Miss Potts who is busy teaching), I have been trying to come up with a very logical theory or explanation or equation of sorts as to how her hair stays up like that. Other than the excessive use of hair pins. So far, the results are nil.

Amelia has been named Amelia 0.5 due to the fact that I like her older self, way better. What did Hails do to her? Is it just me or did people get dumber around here in my absence? First Jason and now her? Did people's IQ drop around 50 percent or something while I was gone?

I have been staring at the clock even more often thanks to my ex-best friend. This just got more uncomfortable. I just have to get out of here as soon as the bell rings.

I slammed my book shut and simply wiped my tables contents into my back pack with record speed and zipped out of the class. Lexi is going to be horrified with the state my bag is in.

And I am starting to notice what a nuisance my hair is. It is too long and gets stuck in places. I am going to cut it off. Besides, it doesn't go with the "hoodie style."

I had rushed to the next class which is Chemistry after a quick visit with my locker. My research showed that Blaze ad Jem have both taken the subject and AP classes mean I am with them. Yeah, we have them at this college.

Looks like I will learning about more than one type of chemistry today.

Thankfully, rushing out of the class means being early for the next, which meant the class is free. And I get to choose my favorite seat. Which is the back row, right corner obviously, where everything is visible?

I just took my phone and started doing some basic codes and ideas for Lexi's new upgrade while the students filed in. I did faintly catch my mate's scent and Jem's laughter which honestly sound like Tinker Bell falling down the stairs.

By the time the teacher entered I put my phone back down... under the table. I am trying to be productive here. I know all this stuff already.

I couldn't help it but my eyes flew to the left side of the class where my mate sat when Jem, laughing at some joke she made. He looked absolutely breath taking today. And there was an aura of dominance around him. Which Zian got attracted to and wanted to destroy at the same time.