Chapter 105

Zara POV

My parents looked at me hopefully.

It was difficult to get them to settle. My mom had fussed on me the moment she came in, fluffing my pillows and even sticking a thermometer in my mouth. As if she were starved of the chance to have done this for so long. I almost felt sorry for her. She had arrived with multiple Tupperware, an almost full course meal for a patient.

Then Blaze had gone and inspected the food, telling her what was and what wasn't fit for me to eat. He had even pulled her away from the pillows and the thermometer out of my mouth. Claiming he had one all this for me already. And he had. It was funny to see my mate jealous of my mother.

They had debated and argued what's good and bad for me. Everything from what the doctors said to articles pulled off the internet was put on the table and scrutinized. Both of them glaring at each there as if the other were each other's, mortal enemies. It was embarrassing to watch really. My dad and I looked at each other as the scene unraveled in front of us. I knew Blaze didn't cook, but he still took extreme care of what went into my food. Especially since he knew it was important for me to keep up my diet. He had made best with what he had, constantly terrorizing the kitchen maids for the perfect meals.

If my eyebrows scrunched even a little they would have hell to pay. I didn't know about these things until Jason warned me, before the fight that is.

Right now Blaze's expression looked like a kid whose candy got stollen. Geez, I knew mates loved to take care of each other and have their partners depend on them but I didn't know it was this bad. He glared at my mom as she placed her soup in front of me to try. One that my mate couldn't successfully convince my mom was bad for me. It had been my favorite. Before everything.

I took a spoonful hesitantly. It tasted the same. I looked up and smiled at her gratefully and she smiled back.

"Do you like it?" She asked nervously.

I nodded.

"It tastes just like home," I said as I dipped my spoon in again. The aroma was great.

It's been years since I visited Moonstone. I wonder if everything was still the same- the pack members, my friends there, my room. No, my father erased all existence of me. And grandma was gone but it should still be the same otherwise. I smiled nostalgically at the soup.

She secretly wiped away her tears at that. I chose to ignore it to not embarrass her as Blaze huffed behind her. She turned around and gave him a victorious smile.

As if you say, 'What do you know about her pup? She is my daughter.'

I didn't want to see watching their exchange anymore, in fear of being dragged into whatever weird dynamic that was.

I didn't even understand Blaze's jealousy. Usually, you get jealous of things you could get replaced by. How could he get replaced by my mother? If it was this bad already, I couldn't imagine what would happen when he met Sam. I sighed and shook my head at that.

My father turned to look at me and our eyes met. We both looked away sheepishly. Blaze and my mom who were busy in their rivalry didn't notice.

Finally, after I had eaten and the Tupperware was safely put into the fridge, despite Blaze's reluctance(and after asking the head nurse to make sure he didn't throw it out) my mom and dad sat down.

They looked delighted by my change of attitude. Even though they didn't come outright and say it.

Right, let's get to the order of business.

"Blaze told me how difficult it was for you," I said jumping right in.

Sam had tortured them and ruined their lives. And I had joined him.