Chapter 95

Blaze lunged for Raven, his claws going for her throat and his form half shifted. He had lost it. He had no control of Xavier anymore.

I got in between Raven and him stopping him in his tracks. The wolf could never intentionally harm their mate.

He growled at me to move and I refused.

For the first time ever Raven looked like she was afraid of Blaze. She trembled slightly and her face fell away. Is this the power of an alpha king?

"Go," I whispered to her and when she didn't move, I gestured to the door. It took her a while for  to register. But the last thing my mate needed was for me to pull her out.

Blaze seemed to have calmed down a bit, shifting back to his human form, he was holding his forehead and watching her as she left. Glaring to be exact. He knew better than to attack her of course.

His shirt was torn in places from the shift and I asked him to wait and headed inside to get an extra-large hoodie. Ones that I wore. He had looked at me suspiciously when he first saw them, thinking they belonged to a guy but he had calmed down when he only caught my scent on it concluding they were mine. I liked wearing loose hoodies at home.

I threw him the hoodie and he grabbed it.

"Now we talk like civilized people," I told him calmly.

"We are wolves luna, there is nothing civilized about us." He said not bothering to change his shirt and just slipping the hoodie over it.

"All your firsts were supposed to be mine." He growled and I sighed.

"Oh don't be a hypocrite. As if you didn't give up your firsts to Jem." I said but he had me pinned to the wall before I finished.

He growled panting. And I got the feeling that I shouldn't provoke him right now. But when had I ever backed down from a fight? A thrill shot down my spine. If he wants a fight, I will give him one.

"I have kissed her true." He said with clenched teeth.

"On many occasions at the school alone." I piped up enjoying his annoyance.

"But I have never gone any further." He continued ignoring my comment.

"Of course except marking her or multiple occasions. It was despite your efforts that it wasn't permanent." I sneered and he closed his eyes. He knew this was coming. The talk about his betrayal.

No amount of roses or dates could make me forget that. And he knew that too. It was the elephant in the room.

He pushed me back into the wall. Zian and I weren't enjoying this in the slightest. We wanted to push him away already.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"But despite all that Jason has already forgiven her. And here I am still groveling with you. I knew I had to keep you away from guys but I didn't know girls were a threat too." He said lowly.

Ah yes, good to know I have so many options.

I didn't know either. But I kept that to myself.

"Why can't you accept me like Jason accepted Jem? Why can't we be together already?" I could hear the pleading in his tone.

The audacity of this bastard.

"Last I heard, Jem didn't reject Jason. And she didn't offend an alpha." I said coldly.

"I didn't know you were an alpha." He blurted out.

"And if that made any difference of opinion in you choosing me then believe me I would have rejected you," I said.