Chapter 14

Blaze looked at me with disgust as he pushed me away. I hadn't noticed how his eye color changed. Meaning his wolf had taken control and now he was back. His wolf wanted to claim me and it was Blaze who rejected me.

In that short fall, I realized many things.

I did not know what was happening. It was like I was stuck in space and time. My world was spinning. Everything was a daze for one second. Like when you throw yourself off the cliff and you land and submerge in water. The water gets into your ears, nose everywhere with the force you land. Yet you don't mind because you know that underwater will be beautiful when you open your eyes. You know it is a life changing moment when you unwrap every secret the underwater has to hide. The world where your hair floats above you and gravity doesn't matter. Nothing matters there. Yet you know many things change with that. With the knowledge, even when you return to the world for a normal life. You are somehow changed and cleansed.

That was the exact kind of daze I was in. That first jump, that first hold-your-breath experience. I got to watch the scenes play out like I was watching from outside. Everything was crystal clear and slowed down to a cent percent.

The Alpha and Luna who had run up behind Blaze stopped running and stood there with utter shock. The people around me had wide eyes . The Luna's face contorted with tears as she buries her face in the alpha's chest.

He softly said a single word

"Son..."

The other alphas stood there with wide eyes. The servants with their mouths hanging open. My aunt's face was no longer the perfect ice queen. My cousins, friends, everyone had wide eyes and jaws hanging open.

And why wouldn't they? Blaze was not only the first alpha king to have rejected his mate, nor was he the first alpha. He was the first high-ranking to do so. No high-ranking can resist a mate's pull. It is impossible. But when all facts are aligned, that's exactly what he did.

"I don't want you. Your family doesn't want you. They abuse you. You can't be my mate. There has to be a mistake. You are TOO TIMID AND WEAK TO BE MY MATE!" He shouted.

And then I came back out of the underwater. Like one's lungs would need oxygen, I am forcefully pulled into it as the chaos erupts.

"You are a thief. You took Jem's rightful place. Everyone has their demons. Jem has her fair share of her demons. But you are her biggest demon. You... you are a monster! " he shouted.

It vaguely got through to me what he said about my abusive family. How did he know?

Of course, he would know. A mate's scent, especially blood is exquisite to the other.

A voice inside me said. Am I hallucinating? That night as I sat beside the window he must have smelled my blood.

My head hit the ground as Blaze coldly stared back at me. Everything was faster and went their normal speed. There was a high pitched hum ringing in my ears. But I was still focused on Blaze's eyes that were staring at me with disgust. The possessiveness they held seconds ago nowhere in sight. I guess your wolf can do that to you.

I realized I had a mate. I had my mate about five seconds before I lost him. So the Moongoddess did make my life a joke.

Amelia came running to me. Picking me off the ground by holding my elbows. I was still entranced by the hatred shimmering in Blaze's eyes. His clenched fist ached to push me down again. I knew that has to have affected me. Yes, it will change my life forever.

I hardly noticed that Amelia was followed by a handsome bleach blonde boy with brown eyes. I hardly recognized that my best friend found her mate as she pulled me away from the chaos.