Chapter 63

I couldn't help but feel shocked by the strength of his grip on my wrist. He was being careful with me. I knew that. Right now he could probably break my wrist if he wanted to. But he didn't.

He was stronger than I initially thought. Much stronger.

I knew that. How could I have missed it. How could I have miscalculated so vastly?

I tried yanking my hand but to no avail.

He yanked me to the side some like raged doll and it shocked me and angered me even more.

Was this all my strength was compared to his?

"Now. Speak, what did you have to say to her?" He asked the manager who almost wet himself by now.

I didn't care. My focus was on his grip.

If I put in my full strength could I break free? The past arrogance I had at standing up against him, it was all crumbling down.

Was this the true strength of an alpha king?

I was feeling overwhelmed but I kept my face completely neutral.

I didn't care ion the circumstances. I needed to know where I stood against him. If I used my full strength would be able to break free?

Was he subconsciously holding himself back before on account of me being his mate or was his strength more advanced from the gym training.

No, no , no it had to be from the gym, because otherwise it would mean all injuries I left on him, when I thought it was a draw.

Memories flashed before me,

Was it because he... let me?

I asked myself the dreaded question afraid of the answer. And yet his grip showed me it was true.

I couldn't remove my hand at all.

Hah, how cruel.

How obscenely cruel to have let me think I was strong, that I was reaching somewhere when I was nowhere close.

Just as I expected of him.

No, I didn't expect even him to scoop so low.

I remembered feeling happy and telling Sam I was close to him in terms of strength. How naive.

I was designed to be weaker than him... physically.

No matter what tricks I had up my sleeve. No matter what strategies I used I was meant to be weaker.

And he so cruelly gave me hope.

I hated him even more now.

Everyone had a weakness.

Mine was the need to be strong. And he exploited it.

As expected of the alpha king huh?

To use all means to destroy a person?

Hah.

I

Hated

Blaze Norwood.

I hated him with passion.

I had zoned out of the conversation so I didn't realise what the manager was saying.

"We w-w-w-would like to offer her a job position." The manager stammers out.

"What job?" Jason asked quizzically.

He looked at my mate whose glare deepened.

"As a model, the r-r-r-restaurant hadn't been doing wee recently, we were wondering if she would act in our ad." He spoke out with great difficulty.