Chapter 71

Blaze POV

I watched her silhouette move away from me. She was out and about the moment I let her go. I sighed.

How did it come to this?

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

I punched the sand.

Who was he? How did they meet? How close were they?

All these questions were killing me.

I would keep her chained to me 24/7 if it meant she would never even go near that man again.

Xavier was oddly silent in me.

Xav...?

I called out hesitantly.

This is your fault.

He said softly.

I had never seen him like this. He was angry, no, it was rage. I know it because I could feel it. he wanted to kill someone.  This must be how she felt about Jem.

But something else prevailed above that.

Hurt. Just pure agony.

He was pained when she left us but nothing like this. I could feel the depression surrounding him.

Calm down Xav. We can get her back. She is our mate.

I reasoned.

YOU THINK THAT'S WHAT SHE WANTS?

He shouted enraged.

Forcing her isn't going to get us anywhere.

He panted.

I sometimes forgot how much he has been yearning for her.

I started recently but my wolf? He had adored my mate ever since the beginning.

And for him to know that she has been with someone else all this while. That she has loved someone else when he was pining for her.

Must be tearing him apart.

She might be bluffing. Anything to get us off her back. I mulled.

We never felt anything through our bond. We would have known if she was with someone else.

But then again, our bond wasn't normal. My precious mate had found ways to shut down the two-way communication.

I had no idea what she was thinking at any given time.

It drove me mad.

What distinguished mates was their bond. A communication in the heart and mind, and she had severed ours.

At this rate even if I claimed to be her mate I was no different from the people already chasing her. Even now, she hadn't realized how much attention she was attracting.

When she was sleeping many wolves had sniffed around her. But one glare from me and they drove away.

Even Raven was a huge help as she growled at anyone next to her.

I liked her.

And just now on the beach.

Everyone had seen her like that.

I punched the sand again.

Why doesn't she understand?

Xavier and I adore her. Why would she need anyone else?