Chapter 122

NOTE: This is an alternate ending. 

Blaze POV

The sun felt warm on my face. I smiled slightly remembering that I had gone to bed with her. But I didn't feel her warmth or weight against me. I immediately sat up scanning the room. I didn't have to search for her.

A sinking feeling my gut told me she was gone. Still, I had swallowed the fear and searched my apartment, calling her hame loud and panicked. A small part of me hoped that she had just gone down to grab an easy breakfast and would come up when she heard the pain in my voice.

My heart wrenched when I saw the stack of envelopes left on the bedside table that I hadn't noticed. The finality of it dawned on me all too soon. She was gone! She had really just left.

I tore through the letters, scanning them to see any clues to where she was.

These must have taken a while, and I knew she must have written them while I slept. How could I have slept through them?

It's only halfway through scanning the personal letters that I realized they were addressed to each and every one.

Her parents and everyone in her gang. Even Hails had gotten one. And she had barely spoken to him.

Everyone got one. 

Everyone except me. 

I crumbled and threw it up in frustration. Something golden flashed along with the paper and I lunged for it. It was her sim card.

Realization dawned on me. It would be hard to track her without this. Even Dex wouldn't be able to find her if she didn't want to be found. And she made it clear she isn't want to be.

If she had taken the sim card out, she would have taken out the chip too. I immediately took my mobile to see if I can trace her anyways, hoping she had forgotten. I should have known better. Her last location was the other side of the packhouse itself.  Not even a hint of the direction she would be taking. Even if I searched in that direction there would be no guarantee I would find her.

The chip was completely destroyed. As if she wanted to burn all bridges. A guttural growl tore from my throat as I threw my phone away. What had prompted this? Why did she leave?

Think Blaze! Think. Then I finally realized. My conversation with Jem. It's hugely she understood. She was already here when I came in. And I didn't hear anything when I left the office. Meaning she may have not even heard the end of the conversation.

I needed to find her and tell her the truth.

I leaned against the wall, my fingers highly prodding the sim. The pack would go into chaos when they learned of this. But more than that I felt Xavier panicking within me. Growling and turning berserk and I couldn't help him as I mirrored his emotions.

I don't when exactly it had happened.

I was taking off and shifting through the window. Maybe I could follow her scent. But it wasn't of much use. She had been through these woods too many times. I wouldn't be able to catch a single scent. I startled a few pack members at my outburst. I tore through the woods looking for a clue, any clue.

But she was an expert at masking her trail. No footprints, no broken twigs, not even a broken cobweb. Nothing.

I still searched till mid-afternoon. Xavier was going berserk within me and I was doing much better. The panic gripped and squeezed her heart tight and wouldn't let go. She would have taken all the precautions. If she didn't want to be found, I wouldn't find her.