Chapter 61

Blaze POV

I sighed trying my best to not seem too excited to make my way over to the bus.

But then the door dinged and her sweet cotton candy scent hit me like a bullet train. It wasn't lost on me how ironic that sweet scent was to her actual nature.

I gazed upon her noticing the sunlight streaming in from the glass windows behind her creating a halo effect around her. Her auburn hair reflected against it brilliantly turning it into a never before seen amber. I was glad the restaurant did't have any other guests except us but even the store manager looked slightly awed by her.

I am not the only one who noticed her angelic appearance. Her eyes looked more molten gold against the sun rays. Almost glowing brilliantly.

It amplified her beauty or or more appropriately, pushed to light what she was trying to hide with her plain dressing. I noticed even the jocks who weren't interested in her suddenly perked up.

If it wasn't for my scowling those idiots might have outright face planted themselves on the floor rushing to accommodate her and find a seat for her. Jem rolled her eyes.

Jason however pushed back the chair they had prepared for her smack dab in the middle of them and gave them a cold glare. They visibly gulped and sweat not wanting to pick a fight with the school bully.

He then arranged her a seat between himself and Stacey who was chatting with Amelia.

At least they didn't notice the drama.

I was still fuming with the result but better the enemy I know.

My precious mate stayed unaware of all the commotion. Her brilliant eyes shifted slightly to the boy clinging to her legs and then to her phone. But everyone saw the bright molten gold. It seemed her eyes looked lighter in shadows. Creating a natural glow effect.

I wish I knew that. It would be amazing to gaze up on her when I take her out to the cinemas. Or even get to sleep beside her at night... those glowing eyes directed at me.

Her concentration was all on that damn phone. I wanted to rip it from her hands and chuck it away.

If we are all here who was she so diligently texting? A friend? A lover? Something else?

My mind flashed to the worst possible scenarios.

Xavier growled within me. And admittedly it irritated me too.

This, this here is exactly what I meant. This distance she left between herself and everyone making an effort.

I bet no one in the group knew what she was doing on that damned phone. Or who she was texting. And no one had the courage to ask her. I wanted her eyes on me. To acknowledge me. Like some dog waiting for its master to pet it. Pathetic.

At times like this it made me feel like the only way to get attention would be to tie her up in a room, take away all her devices and force her concentration on me. Make her see only the bubble I created for her.

I wish to hell and back it doesn't come to that. Because I for one am not above it.

She wasn't one to be active in social media, thankfully so I knew it wasn't a simple Instagram scroll.

Her focus was brilliant. Because despite all the shuffling her fingers danced crossed the screen swiftly and gracefully as she slowly walked over to us.

Graceful typing? Really Blaze? How whipped are you?

I was no doubt in love with this girl. And everything she did looked magical to me. I knew even with all that concentration on that phone if I attacked her now she would readily take me on. Even predict my moves without a second thought.