Chapter 41

I feel so frustrated. All I have been doing was mopping around the last two days. Ever since I knew about the bond things have escalated quickly. Things are going too fast without giving me time to catch up. Ever since I came here, I have been such an amateur at everything.

I have avoided going to the pack house or school. Mostly I have been in my wolf form. In the territory neutral forest. Just running and lazing. I didn't want to return to reality.

I did message Sam about the bond. He seemed pleased. Seemingly oblivious to the risk placed on my emotions.

Ugh, I am so frustrated.

I wonder how Zarine has been doing without me. I kinda feel sorry for him for having to face my pack members alone.

I shake my head from the thought.

It is a beautiful scenery around me. I proceed over to the waterfall that is feeding a small creek. I wonder how many pack members even know about this place. It is well hidden in a cave.

That is when I hear it. A voice. Zarine's voice. I bolt to the direction I heard it from -outside the cave

But before I could launch myself I see him hugging a girl. Someone probably my age.

What are they doing in the forest? And Zarine seems pretty comfortable with her for some reason.

I tune into their conversation.

"How are you doing buddy?" I hear her asking.

"I'm good." Zarine meekly says. Does he have a crush on her or something?

I look at her closely.

There is something about her. Her aura seems unusual and powerful. It is not like Blaze's. But this is very different. She is not a werewolf. That's for sure. She seems too unearthly to be a human. So what is she?

Besides, her hair itself looks unnatural. Burgundy. Is that even a natural color? And what kind of weird hairstyle is that? Her hair is shoulder length. But from the crouching angle I am looking at it, it seems folded.

Admittedly, I feel a bit envious of her. She looks like the elder sister Zarine needed that I couldn't become.

Oh, snap out of it Zara.

I move around to take a good look at her.

"Zara has been missing for two days." I hear Zarine say.

"The chubby girl and her friends are worried. I wonder when she will come back"

I am guessing the chubby girl is Stacey.

"Maybe Zara can tell us that herself. Won't you Zara?" The girl says looking at the exact spot I am hiding.

What the? How did she know? I know I am skilled at camouflage.

I come out of the bushes and Zarine looks shocked.

The girl has a very kind face. She is very average to look at. Her green eyes are hardly appealing for some reason. Maybe it is because she unsettles me.

I want to rip out her head. There is more to her than meets the eye.

Something tells me that she will surprise me in a duel.

I growl lowly.

"I don't want to fight." She says.

"I have seen you around this forest the last few days. You seemed disturbed."