Chapter 6

I ducked my head under Jason's shoulders. This is exactly how I planned our romantic first meeting in my dreams... not! I was thinking of creative ways to end his life when the weight above me shifted and I was pulled up by the one and only.

"Oh, I am so happy for you." Jem came forward and engulfed me in a warm hug, her citrus scented shampoo invaded my senses. She stepped back. I was careful as to not reveal my face to Blaze directly. He looked even more handsome up close. Like a friggin runaway model. Even Greek gods don't look that good. Why does he have to? This is sinful and against the law. No one should look that good.

"Isn't this lovely Blaze?" Jem screeched bringing me out of my daze.

I discreetly watched him from under the safe shadow my cap offered.

"Yeah..."  he drawled out "What's with the cap though?"

"Oh... she just loves to hide in shadows. Don't you Zara?" Jem's usual perky self-answered.

"Here," she said removing my baby off my head a second time today. Did this girl have a death wish?

That's when I remembered I had forgotten or, ahem, had been too lazy to fold back my hair in the usual boy style. It was only supported by my cap and when it was removed... there it came tumbling down, all the glorious red locks of my hair spreading out to my waist and my bangs over my forehead. My eyes widening at the weight coming down.

I could hear gasps all around. Presenting to you... the modern day Rapunzel. Way to go spy. I mentally congratulated myself on an awesome day, gone so bad. If only I wasn't so lazy. Why oh why?

"Z..." I could hear Jem breathing out. Everyone was stunned. Everyone around me. What is the big deal?

"That's my girl. God, you are beautiful." I heard Jason speak and he bends down to whisper the last part and a moment later the jerk's hand was wrapped around my shoulders. I wanted to kick him, but I held myself back watching out for Blaze's reaction.

He just looked at me with wide eyes that darkened slightly? His eyes landed on Jason's arm around my shoulder with something akin to fury. Then he looked at me with a glare as if I were some disgusting creature he had to brush off his back before completely masking it and turning to Jem. Ouch.

"What do you want for dinner tonight darling?"

"Oh, um... Pizza!" He took out his phone to dial the pizza service probably and turned around to walk without even one glance back. She looked at me apologetically for his behavior.

"He is not usually like this, " she said, handing me my cap before running behind him.

So was is this how it was gonna be? He doesn't know you are his mate. My subconscious taunted. Oh, who cares? He is not my mate. No, that is not possible.

Then why is he so confused?

Oh, give it a break, I have already gone through hell and back. The moongoddess is better than this.

I thought to convince myself. The girls gave me glares as they passed me and the boys just stopped to give me their usual dialogues on meeting a girl.

"Hey, beautiful!"

"How about a date?" And so on. But for the first time, I must admit that Jason was pretty useful.

"Leave her alone. She is with me!" He growled out.

I certainly didn't agree to be 'with him', but I guess the impression he gives to others is alright. At least it works with my 'incognito' style.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Amelia and she gave me a hair bun to tie back my hair.

By the time Jason returned from chasing away the popular crowd, I was my usual ol' self. Cap check. Hair check.

Well, that went well. Note the sarcasm.

Blaze's eyes had turned dark! Oh my god! OMG! Does this mean...? No, no way! I refuse to believe it! Well, who cares? What should happen will happen. But then why did my heart hurt a little at that?

"Zara sweetie, that was awesome! Your beauty just blew me away!" he said hugging me and leaning in to rub his cheeks against mine. Now was the time to do something I have been waiting for all day. He not only embarrassed me in front of the crowd but also stole something I held so precious-our first meeting.

With all the force I could muster I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine. His arms left my shoulders as he broke to his knees.

"What was that for?" he whined

Amelia and I just smirked as we walked away.

I could hear him shout behind me about his "goodbye kiss." I can't believe this idiot!

"So? What happened?" Amelia asked.

"Oh, you don't wanna know" I snapped at her and speed walked past her and all kinds of stares I received as one by one the students came to know of what happened. It had spread like wildfire. By the time I reached the entrance I had been subjected to glares and mean remarks (from girls), flirty smiles and winking (from boys) and everything I needed for a lifetime. Could this day get any worse?

By the time I reached back home I was panting. It is just the pack house. It is ironic that many students drive here from school and me usually just tag along with Amelia, but I needed a run in the forest today.

Thus I am late. I was scared. No terrified at what was going to happen now.

The long sleeved boy t-shirts I wear were all because of this. There will be a lot to pay. Why didn't I keep notice of time?

As I went in I saw Blaze's car here already along with some other popular groups. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. The pack mansion's door creaked as I slipped in. I was already getting a panic attack. Damn!

It usually happens when I am really nervous. And to add to it, I get really scary flashbacks... like right now, it played over and over again a whip on my back...

I was just getting my breathing under control when I heard a calm, soft voice, that ironically still gives me a heart attack.

"Why are you late?"

Dun, dun, dun, hey lovelies! I know this is a really stupid time for my first author's note and all but I just couldn't help it. I love the dramatic effect! Please vote and comment. Your support means a lot. And maybe if you find me interesting... follow me;). I promise I will introduce myself properly in the next chapter which will then be a non-chapter. God! Sometimes I am so lame. But this is my first book, so please bear with my guys.