Chapter 74

The clock finally struck 3.

I felt like Cinderella.

Only I was trying to get away from my prince.

Or whatever Blaze was.

Everyone had turned on by midnight. Almost all of them. The boys were dead drunk. And Jem reminded everyone we needed energy for tomorrow and day after for 'fun activities.'

Wonder how she kept her spirits up.

Must have something to do with the weird vibe going oil between her and Jason.

There was something complicated there though. Like some reluctance from Jason's part. I saw him avoiding her gaze all night long.

I didn't know about them, but all I had to do was give Blaze a small green light and he would be all over me.

I guess Jason still had his doubts. Smart boy.

I slowly turned the doorknob making sure Raven didn't wake up.

I made my way out sneakily and closed the door behind me.

Finally.

I sighed.

Fresh air here I come.

I couldn't help the excitement that coursed through me. As I leaped off the porch to the sand feeling the salty beach hair in my air. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

I wanted to run on the sand for a bit before heading over to the woods.

I was planning on returning by daylight.

But then I thought if I left Raven a note to not expect me till the morning before we left I could be free till then. I told her I was going for a run because it was starting to feel like she was loyal enough and deserved to know.

But I specially told her to not tell Blaze.

The last thing I need is my mate on my trails.

I was going to make a run for it when I heard something from the bushes. Was someone there?

I slowly made my way over.

Just as I expected, it was a couple of teens making out.

Probably someone from the basketball squad.

The familiar hair of my cousin came in sight and I sighed. I wonder who the poor boy is this time.

But I got the shock of my life as he turned.

Jason!

This time the pain felt in my heart was physical.

I took a step back.

They immediately stopped and looked up. Sienna had an arrogant smile.

"Zara, wait I can explain." Jason sighed, calmly.

I shook my head. And sprinted to the woods.

How dare he?

How dare go behind my back and kiss her?

After everything, I indulged with him!

I even tolerated his silly, childish pranks!

I trusted him.

In some ways, this felt worse than what happened with Blaze.

At least then, my mate didn't know me.

To be honest I had no qualms about who Jason made out with. There was nothing romantic between us as far as I was concerned.

In fact, if Jem made him happy, I wanted him to go for it.

What got to me was that he made out with Sienna.

My cousin.

Someone who had hurt me so damn much.

Hot tears trailed down my cheek, instantly feeling cold form the wind.

Did I mistake our friendship? Was he out to hurt me all this time?

Maybe Sam was right, he may be all I have in this world.

While lines got blurry and he used me, at least he wouldn't do something quite so bad.

Or maybe, he hasn't gotten the chance to.

Zarine said dryly. Probably awakened by the trauma.

This was the worst way he could have betrayed me.

I should say even with Raven in the picture, I thought Jason and I shared a special bond. He was the one who brought me to the clan.

Seeing Sienna's face wanted me to scratch her eyes out.

Now I truly wish she ended up with my mate and made his life as miserable as she made mine.

In fact, I wanted them to make each other miserable.

Behind me, I could hear heavy footprints on the sand.

We were quite far away from the cottages, they were a dot in the distance now.

I could hear Jason shouting as he tried to get closer.

He was way fitter than Jake as there were no signs of tiredness.

I scowled, I didn't want to talk to him today.

Or ever again.

I trusted him when all the signs told me not to.

Why? I have no idea.

I really didn't want to destroy the dress since I wanted something to shift back to. But wood will have replacement free-size clothes hidden in tress anyways.

Without hesitation, I freely shifted feeling on the wind on my fur as I got pushed back by Zarine's mind.

Full freedom to her when I shift.

This was our agreement anyways.

I turned and growled aggressively, showing my teeth.

That made Jason go back a step.

He didn't even think of shifting to follow me on all fours and earning my pity because there was no way he was climbing out of this one.

Oh no, he will be one of the first to die when Sam launched the attack.

I wonder what he has been up to lately.

Jason had a heartbroken look on his face as I made a beeline for the trees. So much faster on four legs.

Yeah, freedom baby!

Zarine shouted within me.

Yeah... freedom.

Hey, lovelies!

Liked the update?

Jason's actions were unexpected right?

I am dying to know what you think.

Should Zara give him a second chance?

Anyways, one of you pointed me out to the fact that the chapters were becoming a drag nowadays.

Like fillers. But guys I have milestones and I am trying to do my best to give ya'll the action and drama you signed up for.

I know things haven't gotten as intense as it initially was but that's coz our girl is growing.

And also the high action scenes are coming. ;)

So just bear with me.

Pwease....

And I shall see you again next week :)