Chapter 13

This chapter is dedicated to rsjreads. She is a very good friend of mine. Can you guys wish her happy birthday on her wall? She is a close friend of mine and she is an amazing person.

She has started a book of her own. It is really interesting. It is action. I would really appreciate it if you can check it out too. Please wish her though. Thanks a lot!

Blaze's party was supposed to be a big event. At least that is the impression I got from the amount of security around the area. It was as if the president was coming or something.

Tonight we know. Tonight at 12:00 am, we know whether the werewolf population has been blessed with the first alpha king in centuries. Nobody was sure of his powers, but he was supposedly extremely dominant. Like alpha of all alpha of sorts. Tonight, I also get the answer to whether he was my mate or not. Today, my suffering ends.

I sighed looking out the window. If he was, in fact, the king, then all those guards might come in handy. He would have many enemies. Especially the vampires. Vampire King Samuel is the most powerful being out there. He is more than a 1000 years old and the oldest too. I can guess they won't like the idea of someone equal in power to their king.

Many of the guards, in fact, looked like bodyguards. Heavily armed with weapons lethal to werewolf and things of the latest technology hung around their necks and buff bodies. Their phones, GPS, guns everything was of the finest quality and I think I almost swooned seeing that. You can imagine the kick I might get from all those vibrations. But I am going to withhold myself.

Amelia came crashing into my room. I am not allowed into hers.

She is supposed to do my makeup. I haven't for the life of me touched that thing... ever. Yeah, yeah don't say anything. I know!

Many ask me how my skin is completely acne and blemish free so here's my secret. I don't do makeup.

Amelia looked really pretty in her peacock blue dress. The color was bright and it was strapless. However, it had a strap going around her neck and it came till her knees. White sparkles were sprinkled on the top part of the dress and their numbers dwindled towards her waist. The dress then spread out from her hips to her knees.

Overall, Amelia looked beautiful. The color complimented her blue eyes and blonde hair perfectly. I had a feeling that I might have to fight boys off of her. But then again, this was the biggest alpha gathering in decades. So chances that she will find her mate was also pretty high.

"YOU ARE NOT READY YET?" She shrieked.

"Um..." I responded lamely.

"Get ready... NOW! We have only 1 hour left. I swear that sometimes, I don't know what is happening in your head Zara!" she said rolling up my dress from my small shelf and pushing it into my hands.

That's when I noticed that she had a military force in the form of a medium-sized pink bag next to her that was known to be one of the top enemies of good skin- makeup. I prevented myself from groaning out loud as I went behind a small make-shift dressing room to change. It occupied a small corner of my room.

I slowly came out of the dressing room. I closed my eyes, waiting for Amelia's reaction. Yeah, I haven't shown it to her. When we went shopping, I had mostly preferred baggy clothes. But Amelia and Jem rejected each and every one of them. By the time they told me why they rejected it, I was so out of it that I just took the nearest dress that complimented my hair- orange-red and dragged them out of the shop. So yeah, they haven't seen it. I have tried it after I reached home. And let's just say it wasn't bad. I mean, I am nowhere near the beauty Amelia was. I have red hair and amber eyes and that's about it. I hardly looked like a girl. I am a late bloomer. My chest is as flat as a pancake, and I am totally fine with it. Why won't I be when I am wearing oversized boy's clothes? But evidently, I hate such situations.