Chapter 29

"You are growing soft." Sam's hypnotizing voice made goosebumps rise up my arms. But the honesty in it had me gritting my teeth.

"You are becoming too easy." He said as he placed the wine glass in front of me and sat at his desk, opposite me.

His piercing glare had me seated and very uncomfortable. If it was anyone else making me so vulnerable, I would have reacted.

Back at the pack house, after Stacy left, Jason had given me an apologetic look and ran after her to explain things.

I had stayed back not caring what she thought. This wasn't the first time the furball got me in that situation anyway.

I decided to stay back and watch the show, from the window.

But I was so sorely mistaken. I wasn't ready to face them, especially him- my father. He looked the same as ever- handsome, happy, whole, with his godforsaken new family. Jealousy and sadness overwhelmed me. And that is an understatement.

But what I wasn't prepared for at all was when his eyes met mine from the stage. All the glitter and glamour and perfect family aura around him had changed. It was just him and me, staring at each other. And to my horror, a single tear had slipped past. I quickly wiped it away when I realized. My father was looking at me with something akin to... regret?

I am not sure.

But you know what I am sure about? I won't forgive him. Ever.

Then, Gracie, my youngest sister pulled on his shirt from my mother's arms to get his attention.

The way his eyes changed was almost immediate. It became soft, gentle and caring and it made me want to scream in frustration. He kissed her head. It had me wondering what had I ever done to deserve this? For one thing, now I am sure my mom going into the comma wasn't exactly my fault. You can't blame a 7-year-old for that. But at least after she woke up? I had never wanted to lose control so badly. Zian was fighting it too.

Gracie's older sister, Hailey was a hit among the boys. Preteens that is. She looked to be eleven. Seven years younger than I and Gracie looked ten years younger than me. Their blonde heads and exquisite skin made them look like Barbies. It didn't take a genius to know they would be heartthrobs when they grew up. Their beauty came from my mother. She was still beautiful, wearing a black dress that reached her knees. Her hair flowing down her shoulders. She had the aura of a typical Luna. Sweet and kind. She looked happy, content, whole. None of the things I am right now. I so badly wanted her to glance at me. Maybe see some kind of recognition in her eyes. I knew she wouldn't, but one can hope.

Gracie looked adorable sandwiched between mom and dad while Hailey was busy trying to look posh in front of everyone. Trying too hard. Trying to grow up fast. She looked glamorous like a fashionista. I could already guess she spends tonnes of dad's money on the latest trends. Spoiled brat.

I hate them. I hate them all. Damn them all to hell.

Dad was the only one who seemed slightly annoyed with all the attention she was getting.

Even the sons of other alphas (who are around 9-14) who were lined up on the stage were staring at her. Turns out there are only 5 alphas who had the honor of coming here with their packs. The top 5 of course. And all of them radiated so much power. It attracted wolfs like a moth to a flame. Everyone except me it seemed, was on the grounds.

And yet it was so volatile. One wrong move from one of any of the alpha's packs and the bombs can go off. Blaze was the mediator if this happened.

All of them took turns giving their speech.