Chapter 46

Blaze POV

He clenched his fist. Damn, he is really trying to resist me.

"So?" I asked.

"Well, as you already know, Sam had declared war on my pack because he was in love with my mate. But that wasn't the only reason. He was bloodthirsty for power. In fact, after she chose me over him, it wasn't even about my mate anymore."

He must have seen the confused look on my face. So what he told me last time was all a lie?

"Sam was going for Zara originally." He concluded.

I stayed motionless, counting on a million possibilities he would want my mate at that age.

He was no god to know that she would be my mate in the future. And if she was, what use it to him? Since I rejected her. In that regard, Jem should interest him. Unless... Zara had some special capabilities.

No... this couldn't be what I think it is. Maybe moon goddess didn't make her my mate in haste.

What am I thinking? Only ancient families have bloodlines like that. And even so... it is a myth. My dear mate couldn't be that... could she?

I looked up to see Dex staring at me as I contemplated. He has paused for a while.

"Get on with it." I prodded.

He sighed.

"You already know what I am about to say." He said

I glared at him. He taught me it was a myth. He taught me to be skeptical. He taught me to mock it. How ironic.

And his daughter...

"Why don't you say it Dex," I growled at him.

This changes everything. And he didn't tell me.

"Blaze, you need to understand that this is a family secret. Its been in my family for years, and I hope it stays that way." He says.

I know what he means. He wants me to choose Zara over Jem. My lack of response causes him to continue.

"Our family has been blessed for generations. We are all alpha blood. Naturally dominating with a strong leadership quality. We are easily followed, loved, and keeping pack peace or staying in power was never an issue. But many alphas have been blessed like that. They are able to rule their packs in an incompetent manner. " he stated the obvious.

Now I know he is really trying to drag the process.

"What makes my pack stand out is that... in the seventh generation, a gifted child was born. It was a blessing from the moon goddess to help us survive in with the human world without losing our primitive sides."

He pauses. Longer than I liked. Trying to make a last minute decision on whether to spill the beans to me or not. It's not like has had much of a choice.

"GET ON WITH IT," I growl.

"We can manipulate technology, " he stated.

What the...

What does that mean?

He sighs.

"It means that we may have a slightly above average knack at handling technology. "

He was trying to make me understand, but even I could guess he was giving her way less credit with that phrase.

"SPIT IT OUT DEX." I am losing my patience with him.

"Zara is gifted." He concludes.

I take a moment to digest the possibilities. What could she be capable of? Is she a threat? This is still way too unclear.