Chapter 16

Three years. It has been three years since I met Samuel on that snowy night. So many things have changed since then.

It has been the roughest 3 years of my life. You might think different, I mean I met my savior after all and all is supposed to be well and good. But you can't be more wrong.

His training was torturous. It put me through every worst torture you can come up with and pushed me to my breaking point and then some. I wanted to give up at first.

I remember the first few months when he used to starve me, beat me to near death and all the while he creepily used to tell me

"This is all for your own good Zara. This is so that you can break out of your shell and be what you are supposed to be. I am helping you."

It was creepy the way he acted. He was sweet and caring one second and the next he is beating me to pulp with a sadistic look on his face. He pushed me way beyond my healing point.

I used to cry out for help. Someone, anyone. I wanted to be saved but he broke what left last of the little humanity was left in me. He made the process easier.

"The harder you fall, the harder it is for you to be brought back. The harder they can convert you." He used to say.

But it took me months to realize that he was doing me a favor. Confused? Let me explain. I needed this kind of training. The amount of pain I endured can last me a lifetime. But I endured it because I like what I was becoming. Numb. Emotionless. All virtues a necessity for the ruthlessness I was about to carry out.

I then became receptive to it. No, it didn't make me a masochist. But I accepted the pain for what it was. Every part of my body was ruined with scars. But I could heal it. I knew he did for the best. Because now I heal faster than anything. There is nothing my skin or body hasn't been exposed to. I have faced everything.

I am not going to give you a detailed explanation. Because what I went through isn't for the light hearted. I was hit, cut, bled out, poisoned and drowned among many other things. But it taught me to survive. It made me come to the verge of death many more times than I could've counted. But I am thankful for every second of it.

Sam also helped me bring out my gifts. I have an amazing gift and I finally understand my role in the war. I know that I can take down the whole were wolf world if I want to. Yes. I am confident. Curious to know my gift? Well you will have to wait.

His second in command Stilhts helped me. Stilhts is an excellent hacker, he is the second best. Coming right after dad. The O'Brien family have been known to take that position for centuries. No one beat them to it.

Anyway. Stilhts is amazing. He has a high IQ and he gave me everything he had, for the first two years. Sam even gave me college training along with high school. I have finished masters in college in two years. Sam hired a tutor for me and made me take online tests which I had come out with flying colors. I could now get a job in any human establishment. Anything business related. Sam is extremely proud of me.

The last year, I trained myself. Even with my excessive knowledge in hacking, I was still nowhere near enough to beat dad. I trained myself. So hard that I found myself awake for 48 hours continuously with a 1 hour nap. I hacked into many places, did illegal things and learnt many things. I trained myself not until I knew that I can beat dad, but till I knew that he would never stand a chance. You should have seen Sam's face, when I hacked into one of the main servers of the internet. I am not gonna elaborate, but let's just say that I could control everything in the internet. The entire thing! It was fun. But I had no intention to stay with that until I hacked it. It was just an extra practice.