Chapter 77

Oh hell no.

Not this again.

He growled. his glower turning more menacing by the second.

I slowly backed away, and the menacing aura surrounding him grew even more.

Why oh why did I have to run into him?

I am actually in a good mood.

And I can continue in it as long as he leaves me alone.

I was supposed to have today and tomorrow off as well.

Ugh.

There is only a few meters of distance between us.

I was fast.

Faster than him at least. So if I made a run for it, I might just make it out with the breadth of a hair.

But he will still be able to track me.

I didn't think much through, I turned back and sprinted, mustering up all my speed, in the beginning, accelerating to the maximum at the beginning itself to keep the distance.

I ran and ran for god knows how long.

The heavy pounding of his paws on the ground followed me for a while. But slowly and surely it faded.

I knew I was fast.

I didn't rest however, I didn't trust him.

He will find me.

I needed to find a spot.

And quickly too.

I have seen other caves around here. And other creeks and hiding spots.

But none as good as the cave with the bats.

Do you know where he will never expect to find us?

My wolf asked.

Where?

The exact same bat cave. He will be sniffing around all the other caves. The bat cave will be where he last expects you, so by the time he figures it out, we can find a better spot.

I didn't really trust her intuition, but I guess it was worth a try.

Hopefully my mate is dumb enough to fall for the same trick twice.

I should have known he wasn't though, because the moment I had sneaked back into the cave, unbeknownst to the bats, I was tackled to the ground.

Trapped.

Oh for heaven's sake what do I need to get rid of such a nuisance.

I couldn't even fight back, because unlike him, I was actually worried about waking up the bats.

Either he was careless, or he was that impatient.

His huge black form looked terrifying against the glow of his electric blue eyes.

One reason I hate the forest, there is nothing here I can use to get my powers out and get away from him.

It's a nightmare.

I am a modern wolf. I am more suited to urban fighting.

Unlike the Neanderthal who still hadn't stopped growling and was slobbering all over me.

Fight back, fight back, fight back

Zian chanted in my mind.

I have done enough listening to you for one day.