Chapter 79

The bus ride home was the same as last time.

You would think that the trip they have had would exhaust them, but no werewolf energy was inextinguishable.

It was the same damn squeals and jock shouts.

Ugh.

Blaze did seem satisfied after the forest trip so he seemed to be leaving me alone.

He still sat the seat behind me though, with Lilly accompanying him.

He ignored her.

Whatever he did as long as he left me alone I am good.

Zarine hasn't left my side ever since coming back though.

I remembered that I have to grill him about the talk when we return.

The rest of the gang were enjoying themselves.

Raven looking particularly annoyed.

Thankfully, we didn't have to stop anywhere this time for lunch. Stacey successfully packed sandwiches which everyone devoured because we wanted to reach home faster.

After 6 painful hours of blocking out the noise with my earphones and feeling Blaze's stare drill a while through my the back of my head, we finally reached.

I was only too happy to rush out behind the jocks.

So when a hand enclosed around my wrist, I was ready to bite the owner's head off.

It didn't do anything for my resolve when I saw it was Blaze.

Thankfully he seemed to respect my wishes for once when I didn't wanna talk to him.

It would be nice if he respected it forever and never appeared in front of me.

His hand immediately dropped seeing my scowl.

And he rubbed his neck, looking down.

I rolled my eyes, grabbing mine and Zarine's bags before heading out.

He followed us out but the swarm of girls waiting for him helped.

News of Blaze's and Jem's break up must have spread fast.

Because I could see from their appearance that they put in an hour or two of work into their looks.

And some of the shyer ones even had gifts prepared for him- love letters and candy and whatnot.

For god's sake, it's not valentines.

Thanks to Lexa news of Blaze's claim on me didn't see the light of day.

Which is why I probably got hit on a couple of times on the way to my room.

I could see Blaze getting smothered by the crowd as I escaped.

His eyes followed me.

I could almost understand why he was so attractive.

Jet black hair covering his piercing blue eyes. He had movie-star looks.

The gleaming piercing on his eyebrows added to the charm.

If only he wasn't such a jerk. He would be the dream lover to everyone around.

My phone started vibrating as soon as I recalled my room.

It is a mechanism I built where Lexa would automatically turn on in safe environments and show me news and notifications from the vampire world.

I saw the name 'Sam' flash by for a second before it disappeared.

Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"Who's Sam?" Zarine's cute voice asked from behind me as he opened the fridge to munch on a Hersheys.

"Just a friend," I replied.

He took the milk carton and well, racing to his room.

I heard the mattress springs creak later.

"HOME SWEET HOME" He yelled probably jumping on the bed.

I sighed, thanking the heavens for this short attention span.

He probably wanted some alone time to himself after the trip and also probably to avoid the talk.

I would give him some time since I needed some time too. But that took was going to happen. Sooner rather than later.

I locked myself in my room before turning on Lexa.

"You need to call Sam asap," Lexa said urgently.

It's been a while since she was so panicked.

Did Sam suspects something?

Maybe the fact that I didn't want to commit genocide anymore?

I couldn't risk it.

"Ok call him," I said as I arranged my room.

Sam hated messes.

I then positioned the phone so he couldn't see the messy areas.

Not that I had much stuff to make a mess of anyways.

His brilliant violet eyes came into view, seeing deep into me as always.

Especially against the deep burgundy of his office chair and his golden shoulder-length hair spun into a styled mess, he looked heavenly. Like an actual prince charming coming to life.

Bringing the apprehension as well as the feeling that he could see deep into my soul.

I had a complicated feeling about him right now. Did I miss him? I guess in some ways I did. But then why was I so scared?

I almost missed this.

"Hello, Sweetheart."

His deep baritone voice echoed through. I couldn't help but gulp as his amused eyes danced across my face.

Hey lovelies,

So we are finally getting back into the main story.

Why do you think Sam is calling her?

Do you think he suspects her?

And if so, does he seem angry?

I am so dying to get you all the drama that I have cooked up in my head and getting your reactions for it as well.

Let me know what you think.

You know the drill- comment, vote and subscribe.

And I will see you on Tuesday.

Cheers! :)