Chapter Thirteen

I felt Dan turn to me and I faced him as well. He was looking over me and I just carefully watched his eye movements. He reached for a button to stop the elevator mid-rise to the third floor and I noticed I couldn't breathe. He turned back to me and I tried very hard to not let my head create what he would do. He carefully moved closer to me and I stayed put where I was. His eyes grew dark and glossy. I couldn't place the emotions he had on his face. I tried to think of how I looked and noticed he had closed the gap between us and wrapped his arms around my lower waist. I was then hoisted up against the elevator wall and he said nothing this while time still. I wound my arms around his neck and leaned my head back and sighed. My legs had instinctively rested on his hips and I continued to wait for him to figure out where this was going.

"I need to ask you something." Dan said stern but quiet. I almost forgot what he sounded like in a sense he had been quiet for so long. I kept trying to search his eyes for some reason but had to reply.

"Ask." I almost demanded just as quiet. His breathing was speeding up and remained steady to try and not set anything off just yet.

"Don't be offended." He warned and nodded. "Have you ever had someone care about you in a more, intimate sense?" His eyes raced in looking over me for a reaction. I gave him a small grin.

"Yes, well they obviously didn't as much so, or I wouldn't be single." I tried to not ramble. His stare was making me nervous and oddly aroused all in one. He grinned back slightly still holding me.

"One more question." He said sternly again. I nodded and he inhaled, "are you uncomfortable with me right now, like this?" I felt my eyes grow wide and shook my head slowly.

"No." I breathed. I nervously inhaled again and he got closer to my face and kept his gaze still. His hot breath puffed slightly on my lips and I remained still. I felt like he was going to run if I did anything at this point.

"You're right." I cocked an eyebrow as he whispered. "I do care." He said it almost inaudibly and I barely processed what came next.

His lips connected a little rough with mine and I returned his force. I felt hands clinch my thighs and was as far up against the wall as I could be. Dan didn't break us apart for what felt like forever. His lips were soft and talented. I automatically shot my hands and buried them in his hair as I pulled him closer to me, even if he was already as close as he could. He broke away to breathe and I opened my eyes to see him coming back to attack my lips again. He sucked in my breath and I moaned slightly at the building moment that was unfolding. He licked my lower lip and I was helpless as he conquered access to my mouth with his tongue. I fought him for dominance for a moment and he moaned back at me as I sucked on his tongue before pulling away for air. I noticed his eyes were wide when I focused on him and he was breathing heavy like I was.

He wasted no time in continuing his way to my neck. Pecking my cheek and sucking the rest of the way down to the tender place by my collar bone. I tugged his hair slightly out of natural habit and he made another noise. I felt his teeth graze my neck as he came back up and I shivered. He made a breathy chuckle and I leaned my head to the side so he could continue. He followed suit and sucked harder where his teeth had been. I gasped loudly as he did it one last time before reclaiming my lips with his. I had no time to think of anything. Nothing mattered right now, and my body was responding to sensations I hadn't felt in forever.

I broke away from him and he was now out of breathe both of us glanced at the floor of the elevator. The white tile was a risky move, but apparently that wasn't going to matter. Danny set me on my feet and his hands grazed under my shirt. I lifted my arms up as he pulled it over my head and threw it in the corner. His lips locked with mine and I reached up to fist fabric from his t-shirt and pulled him closer to me. He leaned forward more and I backed me back into the wall and fisted my hair in his hands. His kisses were rougher than his first time he had locked lips with me and I matched him second for second.