Chapter Eighty-Nine

I pulled the comforter over my head and giggled like a child having a field day. Dan I heard shut the door and rustle around in his dresser. The door opened and shut and I listened for more rustling. The elastic on his boxers snapped back and his foot falls I heard go passed the bed again. What once was a hint of light peeking through the stitches now was eternal darkness as the switch flipped off. The whole time I knew Dan was plotting how to go about this and it was killing me that he hadn't said anything.

More footfalls went back towards the foot of the bed and suddenly it got quiet. My entire being knew there were two things he could do and I felt my muscles locking in anticipation. I wondered if he was trying to get me to come out of hiding just waiting there so I told myself to just stay put. I didn't bother silencing my excited heavy breathing during all this and was sure the covers were rising and falling even noticeably in the dark. Dan I finally heard giggle a little and all at once the covers flew above me as he wriggled his way under.

Dan army-crawled up my person and the blankets laid over him and I in our own small fortress. I was cracking up as his lanky self finally made it to me. I tilted my head up to him as he rested on his hands hovering over to me. We both were just cracking up over how goofy this all seemed. Two grown adults playing under the covers like children. Danny rubbed our noses still keeping us smiling like idiots before leaning down to peck my cheeks.

"I found you!" Danny finally declared happily with just pure play in his voice. I giggled with a nod as my arms rested around his neck.

"You did! I was honestly wondering what you would do if I just never popped my head out!" I laughed with him as he thought about that.

"Honestly," Dan smiled down at me. His forest of fluff haloed over us and stuck some through static to the fabric around us. His eyes I could barely tell but were just wide with enjoyment. "I like did totally wait to see what would happen on my end if I just stood there never getting into bed while the room just was dark. By the way, these are super warm, I'm totally loving it!" Dan bobbed his head up gesturing to the blankets.

"Barry or whoever picked these," I started to say Dan had a thought who it really could have been,

"Probably Suze with how well it matches," Dan let me continue with a giggle,

"Right, well again, whoever, definitely had your health and self in mind. I really do like these." I let my sentence sort of fade off as I looked over just following the swirls. I smiled over how cute the pattern actually was and agreed mentally Suzy had to have done this. I hadn't noticed Dan watching me with an adoring smile just amused with patterns in a comforter. I trailed back to his face and smiled bigger when I saw it finally. Dan glanced over to look for himself after a moment and nodded.

"I never really pictured me having something like this on my bed really." Dan sounded spaced just thinking out loud. The swirls had his attention then and I watched him almost become child-like as he got closer to the one by his head to see it better. He was in thought just taking in the smaller details now that he had a moment to just look on. "Like, these are really cool, did you notice that closer it's a buncha small flowers? Look babe." Dan bunched up a section and held it closer to me. While from afar it looked very casual and neutral for a guy's bed, close up Dan was right.

Small flowers colored the swirls. Suzy had camouflaged the frilly woman's touch into it. I looked up to Dan and nodded liking this.

"It's almost like she knows I'm not very feminine myself, so she hid the girly touch. She's good!" I laughed. Dan let the bunch settle back to where it was nodding before turning back to me.

"She's like a fuckin' superhero with this shit sometimes. I can't tell you how many incidents we've had involving wardrobe with skits that she has like totally came to the rescue on!" Dan mused for a moment and I nodded just really appreciating all the work she did more and more. Dan focused then on me and smiled in a proud sense. I raised an eyebrow in question to this look.